“A real treat of a room, very good facilities.”

Bolton Whites Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Reviewed April 11, 2012

This Hotel is not cheap, but it is a real treat. We stayed in a family room which was a fab size. You have your own private area each- a double bed and a single (sort of fold down sofa; which was comfy enough), there is a wall dividing both beds which is a nice touch. Often family rooms are just 3 beds squeezed into a small room. This room looked more considered in the way the furniture had been placed. 2 seperate doors to lead to the ensuite. The Hotel itself is large with several bars and places to eat. We were there for a family wedding at a seperate venue, so didn't spend a lot of time in the Hotel. The pool was small but nice, we went in the morning and it was fairly quiet. The restaurant was good, service was a little slow at times. Quality of food was good and there was a good variety. You can sit and look out at the football ground from your table! There is an area you can sit to lounge around on sofas once you've checked out which was nice. There was no rush to head home. It's really close to Bolton train station, you can literally walk from the station in 5-10mins. I'd go back if I ever found the reason to be in the area.

Room Tip: Not sure, family rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Dear nicbing,

Many thanks for the very kind comments which you recently left on Tripadvisor, which we truly value and appreciate receiving. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the standard of our family rooms and that you and your family had a very enjoyable stay with us. My team and I sincerely look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites if you are in the area again and until then remain with,

Reviewed April 10, 2012

We booked this hotel as we were travelling down south and needed a place to stay overnight en-route. The hotel was situated ideally just off the motorway and was quite plush and clean. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We paid 49£ for the room only option for the both of us and thought this was cheap. But Breakfast options were very good though pricey at 10.50/ person extra. Wifi connectivity throughout was excellent.

Dear Sasi_Attili,

Many thanks for your the lovely feedback which you so kindly left on Tripadvisor. My team and I sincerely look forward to pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with,

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We booked the hotel at a very cheap rate. The hotel appeared to be very clean and tidy. Had a quick look at the menu which we thought was quite pricey, £10.50 for burger and chips! The TV in our room was 'antique', the old style which buzzed on most channels, I would have thought a hotel that charges the rates this one does would have now moved on with technology and installed flat-screen TV's!! No fridge in the room or full length mirror! The noise from the main road outside is very noisy. There is a hair dryer in the room and an iron and ironing board,a trouser press, a fan and tea and coffee facilities. Towels are provided and one tube of shower gel. There were 2 bottles of water but nothing to say they were complimentary so didn't touch them. The facilities around the hotel are great and there is a train station across the road which takes you one stop into Bolton town centre which is fabulous. There is a sports bar across the road from the hotel called Scotts which has TV's everywhere, even in the booths and is quite reasonable on prices.
There is also a Harvester resaurant and a Premier Inn (which I will consider next time). There is a Vue cinema around the corner from the hotel, an Asda and Tesco as well as other shops, all within walking distance.
There is a sign behind reception which states if you want to consume your own food and drink in the room a surcharge of £30 will be added to your bill.
The hotel was handy as a stop off as we were travelling to Blackpool the following night. The train across the road from De Vere's also takes you into Blackpool if you fancied a day out there.
We didn't use the gym, sauna or pool facilities so can't comment on them.
What I don't like to see is staff walking around texting on their mobiles and not acknowledging guests! I'm guessing this member of staff is a facebooker!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the stadium.......if there is one available

Dear Scorpio40,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor.

As I am sure you can appreciate, feedback is extremely important to us as this helps us to review the service and products that we offer to our guests.

I would like to acknowledge and thank you once again for your valuable feedback and for bringing these matters to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed at Devere Whites at the Reebok Stadium at Bolton on 5th April, we managed to book the room at a promotional price, however it was advertised at being £150 standard rate.
We had just spent the last week traveling around Northern England and Scotland staying in a different hotel each night and this hotel was by far the worst hotel and the only bad experiance we had throughout our holiday, it was our last night before getting home.
We arrived at reception to check in and had come prepared with our booking reference, we were greated by a rude receptionist who made us feel as if we were wasting her time and interupting her day. The reception area was quiet and we were the only customers present. She gave us no information about our room location, no info on breakfast or the gym and spa. She just asked our surname, scanned a key card and said 2nd floor for the lift. We had to request info on the above and she just gave us a quick, rushed brief reply.
We then got lost locating our room on level 2 which actually meant taking a lift to level 3 and then walking down a flight of steps to level 2. The lift doesnt stop at level 2 ???? bizzare. Thankfully we didnt have suitcases, buggy or wheelchair. But beware if you do
We then decided to use the spa and gym, which again wasnt signposted and the receptionist had failed to tell us anything about the gym.
Whilst in the swimming pool and sauna we were made to feel like intruders or aliens by the "members" who have memberships to use the spa. My wife was miding her own business in the pool and was abused by a "member" for leaving a shower running (she wasnt aware it didnt shut off) at the same time i was in the sauna and was questioned by two other members" as to wether I was a guest at hotel and made to feel uncomfortable.
How on earth the room had a rrp of £150 I will never know, dont get me wrong it was clean and tidy. But it was no different to a bog standard Travel Lodge or Premier Inn.
The best part of the hotel was its location, it is located on a massive retail park, great for daytime shopping spree and even better on an evening with plenty of nice modern restaurants, cinema and ten-pin bowling.
If Devere Whites wants to market itself as an upmarket exclusive hotel chain, it needs to start with the basics. This being customer service and customer courtesy

1  Thank Roger D

Dear Roger D,

I refer to the feedback which you kindly left on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites and am truly sorry to hear of the issues that you encountered whilst staying with us on this occassion.

Please accept my sincerest of apologies for not having met with your expectations and allow me to reassure you that these are not the normal levels of service that we aspire too or are indeed renowned by.

I have spoken with my head receptionist and advised her that the receptionist on duty at the time was not very helpful and she has asked me to pass on her sincerest of apologies to you and she will in turn discuss this matter further with her respective team members.

I would like to thank you once again for bringing these matters to my attention and I look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed here on £29 one night deal - very impressed with standard of room, breakfast and leisure facilities. This hotel offers good car parking and convenience to motorway connections. Staff were attentive and professional and would recommend this hotel to others. Certainly out performs other, budget hotel options of similar price in the local area.

Dear Orchard65,

Many thanks for the brilliant feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites and my team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on a £19 deal..which was more than a bargain, we were ripping them off! And we never once felt like we were treated any different to a full paying customer.
It was a gorgeous room really well lit and set out lovely with loads of mirrors and the bathroom was extremely clean and tidy. They offered some really decent soaps and gels. Heated mirror in bathroom was a brilliant touch. I don't really bother with that kind of thing but all the little finer details really made our stay enjoyable.
Included in the rooms was FULL facilities of the gym, pool and spa. This topped our romantic weekend off. The gym was minimalistic but had every thing you would have needed to use. The steam room and the Sauna were same as any others but was still enjoyable. The pool and the jacuzzi were gorgeous, lighting all round the pool made it look like a grotto and it wasn't cold either. Staff very helpful and friendly, and you don't have to worry if you forget gym and pool towels as the staff can provide that for you. The lady at reception also told us after we had checked out at 11 we cud still use the gym and pool facilities all day.

brilliant stay!! and id definately pay full price to stay again!!!

Room Tip: Brilliant out door centre behimd the stadium and good food places like chiquitos, nandos, frankie an...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle G

Dear Danielle N,

Many thanks for the fantastic feedback which you recently left on Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with such wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites and my team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

To be honest, there was nothing really wrong with this hotel. We stayed on a special offer for £19 room only, which is an absolute bargain, but this hotel wouldn't warrant the rack rate in my view.

The room was ok, with a view of the car park (I'm guessing pitch views are a bit more special), but clean and tidy, but also a bit bland and small.

It's just not what you expect from a De Vere. Small perfectly formed gym, and obviously lots of car parking!

There is a leisure and retail park adjacent, with a number of restaurants, so there is no shortage of places to shop or eat.

I would stay again if i had a deal and wanted a base to explore the North West, we popped into Manchester as we departed, but only as a base, the staff were friendly and helpful, so it's probably 4 stars for service and 3 for the Hotel overall.

Room Tip: I'd guess the pitch view rooms have a bit more interest than those over the car park.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank markfromcleveland

Dear markfromcleveland,

Many thanks for the recent feedback which you kindly left on Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with such feedback regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Gordon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street
Macdonald Kilhey Court

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!