“Decent 4* hotel”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Liverpool
“Decent 4* hotel”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed here as was at a function at the hotel itself. No issues. For price, room was spacious and very clean. Food was good and service very high. No complaints.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Scousejetsetter,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites. I am delighted to hear that you had a wondeful stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the near future and thank-you once again for leaving such positive feedback. Much appreciated!!

Gordon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Binfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2012

As said in the title, this seems to be the best hotel of De Vere chain we stayed. Whites looks like a "real" hotel out of the others that looked run-down, apparently, because of severe cost-cutting policy adopted by the management.

Whites is very nice and modern hotel, and staff (I am surprised how this company manages to hire and retain these people) is exceptional: you receive very positive attitude at the front desk, and in the bar, and from the chef in the morning breakfasts - the staff is really outstanding there.

Nothing more to say really... Probably, receptionists could be clearer about charging for breakfast, as they very cheerfully tell you about breakfast time and location, so that you may be under impression that breakfast is included in the price - but we can forgive this small trick :)

And last thing... Signs demanding 30 pounds if you eat your food in the premises look a bit harsh and just make an impression that owners try to squeeze you for everything...

1 Thank Alexsas777
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear alexsas777,

Many thanks for your fantastic feedback and for letting us know that this is the most enjoyable hotel you have stayed at within De Vere. I have noted your comments reference the charging of breakfast and the signage and fully intend taking this matter up further with my front of house manager to ensure that all customers are informed of the price of breakfast upon checking into the hotel.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites, Bolton in the very near for some more Great British Hospitality and until then we remain with,

Reviewed January 26, 2012

An unusual hotel built into the stand of the Reebok Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers. Large bedroom - modern, functional but not very exciting. Free wifi throughout the hotel. The hotel restaurant has large panoramic windows looking across the stadium football pitch - ask for a window booth. Food choice, presentation and quality were better than I expected in the restaurant although the room service continental breakfast was only adequate. Needs some healthy options like fruit and the tiny thimble juice glass was a bit mean. Not sure who this hotel is targeting but if it's business people the staff could do with some training - 'mate' is probably not the right way to address a customer and a more coherent run through by reception of facilities, breakfast times etc would be helpful to first time guests.

Room Tip: There are a number of suites overlooking the pitch for something different and the hotel also has a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Cookster59
Dear Cookster59,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback and comments on Tripadvisor. I have taken note of the points that you have raised and will in turn be discussing them further with my team to ensure that we are able to improve upon and surpass your expectations when you next choose to visit us in Bolton.

Stoke On Trent
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Stayed here recently on a £19 room rate which was good value for money however if i had paid the 70 or 80 pound rack rate i wouldnt be impressed. Room had all the usual features of kettle, trouser press, hair dryer etc but it was nothing out of the ordinary, in fact it even had a very big old style CRT TV. I would say its slightly dated interior wise and could probably do with a bit of a facelift in places.

I'd stay here again but only if it was on a cheap rate deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with pitch view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear blue_haddock,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occassion. We look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future and until then remain with, Kind regards, Gordon.
chester
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at this hotel on the 29th December, the room was nice, a little dated but for the price we paid we didn't mind.
The points about this hotel that need 'flagging up' would be -
The 'Leisure Club Lift' - I assumed this lift would take me down to reception, the only sign in the lift said you can't go to the leisure club - but it said on the inside which floor reception was on (this lift was closest to our room for while we were unpacking the car), but then on getting to the relevant floor, and following the signs saying reception this way, found myself at a door I couldn't get through! So had to go back up to my floor, and use the main lifts - this should be made clear before many other people make this mistake!
I'd brought a bottle of champagne with me, as it was 1 month on that date since myself and my husband got married. I went to the bar and asked for an ice bucket - to be told it would be a £3 charge! I refused to pay this and advised I would just have to fill the sink with water then, to which the bar woman advised that would probably be a better idea - surely a bucket with ice in would be cheaper than me having to fill the sink with cold water every 30 mins?? We have stayed in many hotels before (varying from Travelodge to the De Vere in Mottram Hall etc), and have never been charged for an ice bucket.

Dear emma s,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide me with your feedback. I can confirm that i have viewed the signage in the lift and that this has now been removed in order to avoid any confusion and replaced with appropriate signage to ensure that this lift is for access to guest bedroom floors only. With regards to your request for ice, please be advised that whilst ice is free at De Vere Venues Whites, there is a £3 tray charge which applies to all food and beverage served in the hotel through room service. I wish to sincerely thank-you for taking the time to provide me with your feedback, which i truly value and appreciate receiving and we look forward to welcoming you back to De Vere Venues Whites in the very near future. Kind regards, Gordon.
Dalton-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights over Christmas on a £22/night room only deal. The hotel was clean and staff were nice and polite. The room was a little dated and need a refurb. Sky Sports in the room was a good bonus :) I found it to be noisy as night as if anyone ran water or used the toilets then it vibrated though the room.

The pool area was fine but again a little dated but better than the run down ones at Ramada.

We only had breakfast on one of the mornings, it cost £7.50 ea. and was pretty averate A 5 minute walk to Frankie & Bennys is recommended as the breakfast is cheaper and much better.

Overall I thought it was good for the price we paid as the location near the bowling, cinema and eating places is good and only 10 mins from the Trafford Centre.

Room Tip: Look for offers prior to booking, don't hope you will get a free upgrade as it normally is full...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Whites1, General Manager at Bolton Whites Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Ste1200,

Happy New Year and many thanks for the wonderful feedback that you so kindly left on Tripadvisor. i would like to apologise for the noise that you experienced, this is not something that i have ever had any previous feedback about before, but will certainly look into this matter further.
I would like to thank-you once again for taking the time to commnet on TripAdvisor and that you enjoyed your stay.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Booked myself and my family in for one night. Requested a family size room and was offered the suite which I payed for.

On my arrival was warmly greeted and plesently surprised with the standard of the hotel. Very nicely decorated and 5 star restaurant overlooking the pitch which was amazing.

The room was awesome. Nice sofa bed for my daughter with her own television. We had our own room and be seperated with a door and glass with blinds so we had out privacy when we needed it but could interact with our daughter when we wanted to.

Our todler was given a extra long child cot which he slept like a log in so it must have been comfy.

We had a trouser presser which was neatly placed behind a mirrored door and our own wardrobe with dressing gowns in. Our daughter had the same. Even the extra large bathroom with tub and shower cubicle along with double sinks had speakers in the cealing so one didnt miss the tele whilst brushing up.

I love this place and will definately return. Makes a great retreat after a hard days shopping at the Trafford Center (10 mins away).

Thumbs up De Veres...... Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for a suite or a penthouse. Well worth it if you have a family. If not, a stand...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mohamed L
Dear MohamedL,

Happy New Year to you and your family and many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at De Vere Venues Whites. I am delighted that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you all back in the very near future.

Gordon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolton
Mercure Bolton Georgian House Hotel
Britannia Bolton Hotel
#10 of 13 in Bolton
Travelodge Bolton Central River Street
Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Been to Bolton Whites Hotel? Share your experiences!