“dodgy floorboards!!!!!!!!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Bolton (Stadium/Arena) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Bolton
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This may seem a funny review for a hotel but I can safely say that I have never stayed anywhere in the world with floorboards like it. We stayed on the gf left hand wing of the property and the floorboards in the room squeaked with even the slightest pressure. It was impossible to move without making a sound. The room was spotless, the staff excellent, parking plentiful breakfast fab and location great. We only stayed for one night and arrived late and left early so i have to say it didnt spoil our vist too much but if we had been there longer and spent more time in the room it may well have done. I mentioned it to the reception out of courtesy as opposed to a complaint and before i knew it my money had been refunded under the good night guarantee. I couldnt believe it, that is what you call customer service. A few staff said they had heard this mentioned before so I dont know if it is something the management know about but if it is then it must be costing premier inn a fortune. Would I stay again, without doubt but it would have to be an upper floor room. I would have given 5 stars had the floor been okay but sorry ive got to take one off.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheJohnsons498

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is number 1 and that accolade is well deserved. Probably the best premier inn we have stayed in, and we use it on every visit to Bolton. The staff are friendly, the breakfast staff superb. On this visit though on one of the nights we had a loud party in one of the rooms, followed by the traditional fisticuffs, slamming doors, noise, and at one point I heard someone say have you got a decibel meter ( I presume that was staff) at 4.20am I gave up the ghost and rang reception to be told there had been a party that had got out of hand, and a fight had ensued. The "guest" ( and I use the term loosely ) were about to be ejected. I was fit for nothing the next day, and other residents were likewise complaining about the bad night at breakfast. We got a refund for that night but Lenny Henry having a kip in his purple pyjamas on the poster in our room got a fair bit of abuse from me. I will still use this hotel, but I think staff were slow to react to the situation, and don't get me wrong I don't expect a couple of night receptionist to turf out a load of drunken South African Jack the lads and drunken females but perhaps a better way of responding should you end up in a wheel of situation again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here 180414. Check in was quick. The room as you would expect from Premier inn was nice and clean. Plenty of parking and just off M61. We had dinner at the nearby Harvester where again staff were pleasant,service great,food good. There is plenty of other places to eat in walking distance. Will be staying again cracking stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank NIELD8969
Reviewed April 18, 2014

staff very friendly and helpful they make you feel comfortable and cared for !nothing is too much trouble. beds are very comfy and rooms good size with everything you need in them. breakfast was brilliant could not fault it for taste or value will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Its the best budget hotel available. I'ts cheap as far as costs are concerned and more than adequately covers the basic needs. The staff are helpful curtious and pleasant. and the sites have easy access and plenty of parking available

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The position of the hotel is great, next door to the Reebok Stadium, Harvester Inn and the Middlebrook retail park with easy access to the M61.The hotel was spotless and the staff at reception were friendly and helpful but at £92.50 for a one night stay rather overpriced. Unfortunately the bed was far too soft with a heavy tog duvet and room temperature too hot due to the thermostat not working. The hot breakfast buffet was superb, ten out of ten!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have been staying in the area a few nights a week, at the Bolton Whites usually, for a number of weeks. Recently the BW was fully booked and decided to give the Premier Inn a try and I don't think I would rush back. Sure, the bed is slightly nicer than a typical hotels standard room, but I didn't think it provided any better nights sleep. I knew in advance that I would have to pay £3 for 24 hours internet access, but in this day and age it seems OTT, especially when the connection is one of the slowest I have come across! If I had known this I certainly would not have paid for it! I would avoid the Harvester. If you are travelling alone there is little else to do other than sit in your room as there is no lounge or social area, although many will know this is fairly standard for the chain. Breakfast was ok, but very pricey for what you get. On the plus died the staff were nice and friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business