“no 1”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

beeen going here for yrs , the service is second to none , beautifully clean and traditional , the food is perfect ,

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I visited Olympus tonight for the first time. I couldn't fault it. From the moment we walked through the door to leaving we had lovely attentive service from the staff. The food was tasty and the surroundings well .... I've never listened to the background sound of an accomplished pianist whilst eating fish and chips.
Everything was faultless!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took a group of 75 persons to this fabulous establishment on Monday, 27th May.
The food as excellant and the service great.
We were entertained with music and songs from the 40s.
This was superb in every way and I would not hesitate in recomending a visit here by a group or any person.
I cannot understand the previous review.
Well done to Tasos and his staff.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went for lunch and it is hard to say anything positive about the food. The batter on both fish failed to coat the fish fully - the result was dry, burned fish that was pretty much inedible. The chips had clearly been cooked and kept warm for a long time so were also just awful.
It is hard to imagine how fish and chips could be done so badly - The good reviewers were either lucky or have not had real fish and chips. Any local chippy would be better than this.

2  Thank jason s
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visit The Olympus on a regular basis, usually with family members. We have always found the food to be excellent. Usually we have fish and chips, but there are enough choices to please most people. What always makes it a pleasurable meal is that the staff are very pleasant, well-trained and thoughtful. My aunt (aged 93), visits on her own as well as with us, and is treated like royalty - but then my grand-daughter and her babies are similarly treated! This lunchtime there was the usual excellent pianist playing, and there are special events from time-to-time, e.g. an Afternoon Tea Dance and on the next May Bank Holiday a special weekend with singers etc. Well done to Tasos and his team for all they do!