“Retreat ? We certainly will be !”

Retreat Grill, Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 552 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Well from the moment we walked through the door we were keep waiting .... Waiting to serve us a drink (no one at the bar) ... Waiting for someone to acknowledge our arrival ... Waiting to be shown our table as we arrived on time (we were told our table was being readied - when were shown to our table it was immediately next to the fire exit despite there being numerous other tables available) No excuses regarding being short-staffed are acceptable if this is deemed a quality establishment
The food was very much run of the mill ... Nothing to write home about
And to cap it off we had to wait to pay our bill despite standing immediately next to the cashier

Needless to say we didn't tip .... Although the one we give any potential reviewers of this is that we are reasonable people who eat out regularly in the North West and have eat far better and cheaper at other establishments with far better customer service

So, anyone from Retreat Bolton reading this take note .... We tell all our friends of our bad experiences more than we do our good experiences

Must try much harder !

1  Thank Gordon P

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a party of six and thought it was a nice place with good food.
Huge portions of well presented well cooked food and fairly good value too.
Staff were attentive but not overpowering.
My only gripe was that when I phoned to book, they could not fit us in until 7.30. We arrived an hour or so early for drinks in the bar and the restaurant was quiet. We were told we could have a table there and then. Obviously some problems with the reservation procedure.

1  Thank ClintBolton
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Absolutely FABULOUS The food was wonderful for so many people, came very hot (which I appreciate...pet hate ) and it was very high standard......staff brilll .. just great..

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Food, drink, atmosphere and staff were excellent. Will definitely return. My scallop and tiger prawn starter was one of the best I've had and the sea bass was to die for.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited Retreat tonight for the first time and had a really great meal. The food was delicious and served in huge portions. I had mussels for a starter and the sauce was possibly the best I've ever had. My fish and chip main course was good too, my only criticism was that the chips were quite tasteless, just like oven chips really and didn't taste homemade at all.

The service was discreet and efficient and there was a good lively atmosphere as the restaurant was quite busy.

We were pleasantly surprised by the bill too. Will definitely be back soon, thanks.