“Just lovely”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Just lovely”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I decided to come here for a meal as I had heard very good things about it. Please ignore the fact that is in not a great part of town, it is worth it.
Myself and a group of family and friends came here the evening of Saturday 12th January for my birthday meal. I had booked a table for 9 but a tenth person came, not a problem for the staff though.
The restaurant was very busy so I'm glad I booked! Despite this the service was excellent, staff attentive but not hanging around too much.
Food was excellent, we went with the party menu as we had more than 8 people. Food arrived quickly, and once we had finished what we had we were informed we could order extra food from the main menu for no extra charge. The food was £14.95 per person, desserts and drinks extra.
This place is far better than La Tasca!

Well done La Salsa!

• Visited January 2013

Darwen, United Kingdom
“great”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

reasonably priced and nice ambience .The food was good quality , would definitely go back . a great example of spanish cuisine

Visited December 2012
1 Thank SarahSuthers
Chorley, United Kingdom
“More authentic than chain tapas bars”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Set in a somewhat less salubrious area of Bolton this shouldn't put you off - family style tapas bar with attentive staff, very eager to help and good with children.

Reasonable range of tapas - not as extensive as some of the chains, suspect that a lot was pre-prepared however the quality overall was very reasonable and I can't quibble with the pricing and value for money - we had the all you could eat deal and we all left feeling 'full' and even though we had quite a few drinks the bill was still very reasonable.

Atmosphere was good with a mix of couples and families and I suspect that this would be a great place for a works 'do'.

Minor quibbles - not keen on sticking to the tables which could do with an overhaul and some of the portions were very small however the last point is easily overcome by ordering more

Worth a visit if you are in Bolton

• Visited December 2012
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Ideal for meal with a group or couples”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have been here twice with girls from work -food is gorgeous! Only downside was we were chatting that long and ordering more dishes, we were the last ones in and staff were waiting for us to leave! But surely thats a good sign! Definitley worth a visit.

Visited November 2012
Bolton
“How la salsa can get a bad review is beyond me!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Me my husband and daughter visit here often, it's the same staff and same brilliant food!! I cannot rate it highly enough, we took friends a couple of months ago that looked worried when we got there but when we got in and they sampled the atmosphere and food they were In love!! There's one waitress that's just brilliant she always has a smile on her face, so to see see people calling them ignorant really irates me! Spanish people are from a different culture and id love to see those that call the waiters/waitress's ignorant actually go to Spain and see actually how nice they are compared to abroad. English waiters/waitresses are a lot Ruder in my experience. However moving on..the food is amazing and unbelievable value for money, for me my husband and daughter it cost £40, between us we has 22 dishes (they didn't charge my daughter) 2 wines 2 lagers? Soft drink, Ice cream and a tiramisu. We pay that for nandos and its no where near as good! We will always return to la salsa and no other tapas restaurants will compare, so much so I feel like a regular :)

1 Thank KateandSte