“Ideal for meal with a group or couples”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Salsa

La Salsa
Ranked #62 of 523 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Ideal for meal with a group or couples”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Have been here twice with girls from work -food is gorgeous! Only downside was we were chatting that long and ordering more dishes, we were the last ones in and staff were waiting for us to leave! But surely thats a good sign! Definitley worth a visit.

Visited November 2012

Bolton
“How la salsa can get a bad review is beyond me!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Me my husband and daughter visit here often, it's the same staff and same brilliant food!! I cannot rate it highly enough, we took friends a couple of months ago that looked worried when we got there but when we got in and they sampled the atmosphere and food they were In love!! There's one waitress that's just brilliant she always has a smile on her face, so to see see people calling them ignorant really irates me! Spanish people are from a different culture and id love to see those that call the waiters/waitress's ignorant actually go to Spain and see actually how nice they are compared to abroad. English waiters/waitresses are a lot Ruder in my experience. However moving on..the food is amazing and unbelievable value for money, for me my husband and daughter it cost £40, between us we has 22 dishes (they didn't charge my daughter) 2 wines 2 lagers? Soft drink, Ice cream and a tiramisu. We pay that for nandos and its no where near as good! We will always return to la salsa and no other tapas restaurants will compare, so much so I feel like a regular :)

1 Thank KateandSte
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
“Only good for larger groups?”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Sadly this restaurant may be excellent but the poor service values on my recent visit meant it was impossible to experience whatever they had to offer.
Having arrived at our hotel- the Holiday Inn- just down the street, I rang around a number of the nearest restaurants to enquire as to what time they finished service.
I had noted 'La Salsa' on a previous visit to the same hotel and was keen to give it a try. However, despite the advice being that they were open considerably later, on arrival myself and a colleague were asked how many we needed to seat. On hearing that it was only 2, the reply came that the kitchen was suddenly closed!
It happened to be pouring down with rain so we retreated back to the hotel still hungry and wishing that when the enquiry was made they could have offered the correct information which simply would have been "the time we are open until depends on how many people are going to fill the till - 2? I don't think so - not worth the effort!"
Now I happen to be fully appraised with the intricacies of commercial kitchen operations so I understand the need to make this decision towards the end of service but what I can not fathom is why you would seek to give such misleading information in the first place.
Another opportunity existed in January to try this restaurant when our group will be a more healthy 8-12 but I'm not sure we'll be making the effort.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

excellent variety of tapas, food is very good and comes to the table quick, members of staff very friendly and attentive, i would recommend a visit to this restaurant. also good 'all you can eat' deals in the week.

• Visited December 2012
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Love it!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have been here a number of times and we really rate this place. Forget all of the national chains who pretend to do Tapas, and all the gastro pubs that are jumping on the bandwaggon. If you want real Spanish tapas then look no further. The food has always been excellent for us and just as good as you will get in any Spainish tapas bars.
The staff are brilliant and you never feel rushed or ignored. It operates on a fixed price per head and if works a out at extreamly good value.

• Visited September 2012