“Nice restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Salsa

La Salsa
Ranked #62 of 523 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We went to this restaurant and had the set menu. The food was good and good value for money.
Nicely decorated, good atmosphere and helpful staff.

• Visited September 2011

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Would go again soon as possible”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Probably the best Tapas restaurant we have visited,everything spot on,ambiance ,staff, prices and quality, watch for the banter from Michelle she makes the place.

• Visited September 2011
Lancashire UK
“You just have to ignore the 'one post' wonders' who knock the place”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Having visited and enjoyed La Salsa (Bolton) several times during the last 2 years- I can honestly say we have absolutely no complaints at all about service or food.
In fact- quite the opposite indeed.
The 'one post wonders' who knock the place- obviously (in my opinion) are the 'competion' in the area .
ok- the tables are a bit shabby- but always clean - just like they are in espan'a .
Portions are small- but- is that a bad thing ? considering that you can order as many as you want ?. I call it 'optimising waste' !!. Sensible thinking by owners to stay in business in these difficult times.
Service always comes with a smile - and usually 'pronto'.
Evening menu is better than daytime menu for sure . (thats just a tip for proprietors reading this) hope that helps.
Obviously- the prices seem to have crept up somewhat lately- but - hey- haven't all prices of food moved 'north' ?.
Reason I post this review is because I was just looking on line on TA regarding somewhere to go to eat tomorrow (sunday)-and saw La Salsa on TA and thought I'd 'take a peep' at what others have said about the place .
I was amazed and surprised about the negative comments . In my opinion -unjustified - but- as we know - all places can have a bad day/night and at the end of the day- you can please some of the people some of the time--but you cant please all of the people all of the time .
My tip to anyone reading the reviews is to- 'ignore the 1 post wonders who criticise and also- the 'over the top posts' praising places .
I however am not a one post wonder'.
Go to La Salsa and enjoy--and if you dont- just dont go back again -- simple as that .
Pete

ps- think I'm going to try Darwen La Salsa tomorrow- or Horwich La Salsa - cant quite make my mind up.
Hasta Pronto- Amigos

• Visited November 2010
2 Thank Peterg3
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Little Pots of Gold !”
Reviewed August 23, 2011

OK this is not the most luxurious of surroundings to dine in, but it authentically replicates a little Spanish tapas bar serving little pots of gold!
The food is continous, delicious, hot, extensive and excellent VFM as you can order to your hearts content. We particuliarily love the lamb and beef stew, meat just falls apart in your mouth! The fried fish, mussels and prawns are all delightful too.
Service is great as your dishes take only a couple of minutes to arrive.
Definately worth a trip to any of the 3 restuarants in Bolton.

• Visited August 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What food??!”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I know this is meant to be tapas but the portion sizes were ridiculous, we ordered lamb stew and found one tiny piece of lamb, we ordered chorizo which looked like tiny pieces of beetroot, and EVERYTHING is covered in a type of bland tomato soup. No taste and unclean, our wine glasses stuck to the tiny table which the dishes didn't fit on. On the plus side it was a hilarious date as we couldn't stop laughing at the food. After many recommendations we were disapointed, especially when buying an awful bottle of wine suggested by the waitress at £15! Do not go!

• Visited August 2011