“Our first visit”
Review of Achari

Achari
Ranked #23 of 527 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, British, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Our first visit”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have driven past the Achari on a few occasions recently and what caught our attention was the new decor inside and out. It has a large window frontage which allowed us to see right in. It looked nice and clean and welcoming so we decided to give it a go and we weren't disappointed. A table was found for me and my husband very quickly and the staff were all very accommodating. We ordered our drinks and asked for fresh iced water too. The menu...There was plenty of choice with dishes I have never heard of before plus the more usual curries too. I ordered the lamb madras and my husband ordered a chicken Balti Morris Masala. The pilau rice was ordered separately. I have had many curry dishes in the past and I must say, I was more than pleased with both dishes. We didn't bother with starters or any other courses and our final bill with a large bottle of Magners and a small glass of Cobra lager came to £26.20p for the 2 of us. I would class this restaurant on an equal par with Spice Valley in Bolton. I would recommend this restaurant to family and friends and we will certainly be visiting the Achari again in the future.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jilly11_13

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Best Indian within 50 miles”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Having visited this Indian every week for over a year, this has to be the best Indian within 50 miles. The staff are very helpful and it is very reasonably priced. Would highly recommend the Shlashlik and Taka dhal.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank VictoriaS10
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Ignore what it looks like outside”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had chicken pakora poppadums shahi chicken biriyani southern indian garlic chilli 4 beers £34 and it was really good

Manchester, United Kingdom
“cracking meal but still unfinished.”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Have visited twice since reopening, food great as before, inside nice and bright as long as bulbs are replaced when they go (unlike before refurb), staff didnt seem to be running like the well oiled machine that they used to although there were a few new faces maybe thats the reason, toilets are 100% better just cnt figure out why spend a fortune on a FULL refurb and then install the weakest hand dryer in the world. Last but by no means least is something that EVERYBODY has commented on before AND now and that is the decor outside, lovely plate glass windows lovely new signage but same old dirty outside walls. Come on guys get it painted.

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service and Food”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the first visit since the restaurant reopened and I definitely wasn't disappointed. The restaurant was bright both in lighting and decor. Food as usual was excellent and plentyful and the service from all the staff is second to none. I would definitely recommend anyone who has not been to give it a try.

• Visited December 2012