“Braza is now a very good Persian restaurant”
Review of Braza Restaurant

Braza Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 543 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Great value, great quality and something different - well worth trying“When dining out, you’ll choose to go to a place where you like the food and you know you’ll have a good time. It makes sense to look before you book and check out the food hygiene rating as well.”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Braza was a Portuguese restaurant that closed early in 2009. Towards the end of 2009 it opened as a persian restaurant using the same name. The food is authentic and interesting with a wide range of starters, mains and desserts, the barbecued meats are excellent. There are also a number of casseroled dishes and the flat bread is very good too. Staff are very friendly and helpful, we've been 5 times in the last 6 weeks and each visit has been good. The food is particularly good gor sharing. It is open from 1pm to 10pm, closed on Tuesday.

There are newer reviews for Braza Restaurant

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Went in April 08 for my birthday. We called 1 hour before to confirm they have fish. It was half full on saturday night when we arrived. When we ordered they came back and said they didn't have lemon sole in fact they didn't have any fish! We should have left but my wife didn't want to ruin the evening so she ordered the only other veg/fish option of ratatoullie and rice. For starters my wife had a soup (which was cold). I had what appeared to be 3 small tastless deep fried pancakes on a bed of wilted iceberg lettuce. My wifes main looked like it came out of a tin. My kebab which was £12 was burnt at one end and once again came with a cheap wilted salad. The little glimer of hope in all this was the fries which were ok apart from the fact they went soggy as they were sitting in some kind of liquid (kebab fat or salad dressing) on the bottom of the plate. We were asked afterwards if it was enjoyable. I showed her the half of my kebab which would probably break your teeth. She said 'that's what you get with chargrill'.
The table next to us had complained their bill was wrong and guess what? So was ours.
My wife was quite ill the next day.
I've only written half of it, a truly awful experience.
I've been past lately and it looks closed. Let's hope so!

2  Thank alfrescoboy
Reviewed October 8, 2008

We've been several times and enyoyed each occasion. Authentic Portuguese food is difficult to find in the north. The salt-cod dishes are as good as we've had in Portugal and it's the only place that I've found so far that serves Molotov, a really eggy poached meringue.

Sometimes it's been quiet and got busier later, a couple of times it was really buzzing, and once we couldn't get a reservation as they were full.

Reviewed September 11, 2008

I visited the restaurant last night, and myself and the person I was there with were the only visitors. The food was good I thought, and the lady who owns the place was very nice as well. I fear for the business though, we were the only table taken all evening.

The location isn't the greatest, whilst being only 2 minutes walk from the town centre, it's not really anywhere that you would actually walk past.

If you get the cnace, then try it, I just fear it may not be there for too much longer