“Small menu = good food”
Review of Braza Restaurant

Braza Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 526 Restaurants in Bolton
Cuisines: Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Great value, great quality and something different - well worth trying“When dining out, you’ll choose to go to a place where you like the food and you know you’ll have a good time. It makes sense to look before you book and check out the food hygiene rating as well.”
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Small menu = good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For the uninitiated like me, the photographs with the menu were very helpful. And for once they were really what the actual dishes looked like, not the tarted-up "professional" prints. It was a quiet mid-week night I visited and the staff had all the time to leave us chatting away, very throughtful. The starter might be a bit small, but the mains adequate for a hearty appetite. Good time to try something unpronounceable but promised to be good delicious food!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hyenaoffal

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I chose this restaurant when my dad went away for the weekend and my mum and myself were left on our own. I wanted to try a different cuisine rather than the typical boring Italian. I looked on here first to read some of the reviews and with the majority being good i decided to book. I wanted to book for 7.30pm but i was asked to make it for 8pm ( a good sign that the restaurant was busy) When we got there, we parked on the car park opposite (which is free after 6pm) when we went in, 10 minutes early, our table was ready and the restaurant was quite busy.
The decor was lovely, some nice traditional Persian table clothes and art on the walls. The waitress was friendly and not pushy.
We ordered a side of olives between us to start, which were lovely! I then ordered the Zereshk polo which was £7.95 a half baby Chicken served with Persian style rice which was flavored with saffron and had cooked pomegranate seeds on top. My mum ordered aghalipolo ba Mahiche which was £9.95 which is lamb shank prepared with sauce served broad beans rice.
I know the person previous to me stated that they didn't like the fact that they asked if you wanted half rice half chips. I didn't think this was an issue, in fact a bonus, the half potion of rice was more than enough with out the chips but it was nice to have both and nice to have an option, especially if your taking picky eaters out or children (and there were a couple in the restaurant) Also that someone else commented they bulk the meals out with rice, i didn't find this the case, i agree there was a lot of rice but there was also a lot of meat, the size of the lamb shank was huge! and the portions in general were very big, not bulked out.
We also had baklava for desert which cost £3.49, which again were lovely
Overall i thought the meal was a very good value, our total bill came to £37 ish for two mains, two deserts, one side and 2 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks.
Excellent value, i would go again and recommend to anyone looking for a slightly different, nice low key meal, different from the usual chain restaurants.
Can't fault the food or service.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank liz t
Bolton, UK
“Not Great!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We regularly eat out and wanted to try the food at this restaurant before arranging a welcome party for middle eastern friends coming to visit. Unfortunately we will not be returning soon .. More of a Cafe type food padded out with rice ( you may also be asked if you want half rice and half chips with your order ??.. hardly authentic persian food. )
Basic menu with pictures to help you decide and a polite and friendly waitress however the food really wasn't of restaurant quality to warrant the price.
Staff watching tv on Laptop on the tables doesn't help the atmosphere really. Good easy location though..

2 Thank FoodmanBolton_UK
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Persian Food - Great Service - Great Prices”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had an awesome meal at the Braza. Real Persian food cooked using fresh ingredients. Cannot recommend enough. We will definitely return next time we are within 50 miles of Bolton.

2 Thank proactivegreg
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Delivery service is very good!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have had the delivery service a few times now. The food is of fantastic quality, really tasty, and the service is very good. The guy that delivers the food is really nice. Having moved from Withington a few years ago, we have been so happy to find something in Bolton that compares to the famous 'Aladdin's', which we used to frequent when we lived there. I would highly recommend Braza to anyone that enjoys middle Eastern type food.

2 Thank Appalation