“Best Indian takeaway in Bolton!”
Review of Spice Valley - MOVED

Spice Valley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Best Indian takeaway in Bolton!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having been a previous regular diner at spice valley since it opened (LBK - Life before kids!) we have now reverted to takeaways which is the next best thing, great food to have at home without the kids getting restless. Great food and they even do things "off the menu" truly authentic Indian food. We have eaten in with the kids who have loved it, and the food has always been great quality and value, though they do get very comfortable and mither the staff!
Chicken lahori is great for a hot dish, or a prawn makhani if you like something milder and more creamy. Back again soon,.

• Visited September 2012

“Always a good experience for me”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We used to go quite a lot in the evenings when it first opened, but recently the visits have mainly been at lunchtimes.

The food is not typical "curry house" stuff and is pretty aromatic and well presented and cooked. The restaurant itself is a fresh, light environment. The staff and owners are pleasant and professional.

One of the big advantages for me of Spice Valley is that there is plenty of well lit, and seemingly safe parking right outside the door.

I've never had a bad meal there - enough said.

Visited September 2012
Bolton, United Kingdom
“A decent and proper Indian.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have been going to spice valley whenever I fancy a curry for about 10 years now. It is just vastly superior to the other option in Astley Bridge - The Pavilion. Spice Valley is a restaurant where you can get delicious and more traditional indian food, and cooked well. Last night I had the butter chicken, a predecessor to the very english Chicken Tikka Masala, and it was extremely tasty. The previous trip a few months ago (we tend to go before cinema visits) I had the Lamb Lababdar and that was divine. It's not the cheapest curry place, and you can't get a steak or an omelette, but this suits me just fine as I do get annoyed when restaurants cater for those who 'don't like foreign food'. It's just a really nice place to eat, the staff are friendly, funny and helpful and don't take themselves too seriously. I can't wait for my next trip. My only real criticism/wish is that I would like to know where they source their meat or if they could use free range chicken etc. But this is the exception rather than the rule in any restaurant and more wishful thinking on my part than a criticism of the restaurant. Hurray for Spice Valley.

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“embarrasing moment”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My family and extended family hav visited the restaurant on several times for birthdays etc as there is a large group of diners between 15 to 20 we used to find it ideal and the food was palatable and on Wednesdays it was eat all you can for £10 which did not seem to bad. For my birthday in August l was given a £20 voucher for Spice Valley so four of us 3 adults and a 16 year old.I presented the voucher and at first l was told that we could not use it on Wednesday l told the manager that there was nothing on the voucher to say that after a bit of to and fro one of the waiters recognised my wife and said tou come in here with your family and he mentioned a name of someone he knew. We had been waiting 10 mins also the voucher was co- signed by the owners we were reluctantly l think we could use the voucher, l then ordered the drinks l was told they had no draught beer and a soft drink l ordered so we had something else.this happened again twice more as the driks we had they had run out of, the food was not as good as it used to be less choice etc. I used to go to the Pavillion and found the food excellent excellent value menu excellent as was everything else l have since beeen back to the Pavillion and l will be going there in future. The worst thing at the Spice Valley was the embarrasment of the manager challanging the validity of the voucher in earshot of other diners, why give vouchers if you are going to question the validity of them by the way even with the voucher we still spent another £30 on drinks.

1 Thank b0bkent
Manchester
“Service slow”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

average food, asked for it to be spiced up couldnt taste any spice, waited ages for food and only a few tables

Visited November 2011