“Great staff, shame about the food”
Review of latino lounge - CLOSED

latino lounge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went here after the relaunch to Erico's. The restaurant itself is beautiful. Very clean n very well decorated.
The staff are lovely. Special shout out to Jess who just couldn't do enough for our party. She was very professional n went above and beyond with our requests.
Now, unfortunately the food let the place down. Bland n uninspiring. It just didn't taste good. The management should look at replacing/retraining the chefs. The menu is exciting and this place has the foundations of being a really great place. Such a shame

3  Thank Leaby84

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Thought we'd give it a try as it's recently been re-marketed as Erico's; nothing has changed here, food was inauthentic and bland , poorly conceived ideas and use of less than premium ingredients meant a very disappointing meal. The staff are always friendly but sadly lacking in even the most basic skills e.g uncorking a bottle of wine! will not be going here again, shame the opportunity to create a restaurant/bistro with a little more class and/or at least good honest food has been lost - again.

4  Thank netiwilson
Reviewed June 16, 2014

A party of 12 girls booked to watch the olly murs tribute act and meal package. £22 all in.
Good choice of food which was yummy 3 courses with coffee inc.
Olly murs was a little disappointing as olly, but sang some crowd pleasers and lots up dancing.
Fab atmosphere.
Great night had by all and will be returning!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We used to go here all the time but don't go as much these days. This is not due to any particular reason- just decided to try other places which are also local to us.
I like to go here in the summer months so you can sit outside at the back (has a real holiday feel about it). The staff are always really friendly, the food is always amazing- never had any problems.
In terms of choice- I am vegetarian and there is always a choice for me and my partner always has the fillet steak which he says is excellent. There is always too much to have starters and a dessert each so we tend to share a starter which there is plenty for two and sometimes share a dessert.
I think going forward, after sampling menu's elsewhere we are going to save Latino Lounge for special occasions- we used to go mid week as well as weekends and mid week it ends up expensive- don't mind paying it for a Friday or Saturday but its not the place for a cheap tea- its the place you go for good quality food.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We have been to the latino lounge a few times now because it is within walking distance to our house and a convenient place to go.

The food is ok nothing special but good enough. The cost is around the same as any other Italian/Mediterranean restaurant in the area however I was really unhappy at paying 5.60 for two small cokes!!!.

We were happy to spend the money thanks to the hi-life card but should we have had to pay full price I can honestly say I would've chosen other places around which I rate a lot more.

The staff are brilliant you really cannot say anything bad about them, very helpful and efficient.
I will visit again but mostly this is because of the locality as it is not the kind of restaurant i would be prepared to travel to.