“fantastic night”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went to Latino lounge and had a really good Saturday night. The service was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble . Although we had not booked and the restaurant was very busy we only had to wait around 15 minutes but it was worth the wait. The meal was excellent we ordered steak and it was cooked to perfection compliments to the chef , the deserts were very yummy. The price was very good and we will certainly be returning loved it. See u again soon .

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have driven past this restaurant many times and vowed to go in over the last few years but this was our first visit and it will be one of our favourites going forward. Great Food, the steak was outstanding, great service and we were happy that it provided good value for money. The cost of our meal is more than we would pay for some meals during the week, but when compared to the other Italian's in Rammy, Summerseat and Tottington it was on a par and the food is much better quality. See you again on Sunday......

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited the latino lounge on a saturday night. This was a belated birthday treat from a close family friend. Although neither of us had been here before. We were greeted and seated within 5 minutes of walking in. The place where we were seated was very bright. In fact i would say clinically bright. Too bright. There was no atmosphere, it lacked charm, warmth and sophistication. There were no pictures of Roma, the Colosseum, Napoli, Sorrento, views of Tuscany or Molise, the Vatican, pisa or beautiful sicily, not even the Italian flag. Nothing representing Italy anywhere. There wasn't even italian music in the background. There was nothing that suggested mediterranean either. It was just like any other british high street restaurant. More like a Wetherspoons than a ristaurante. We viewed our italian menu's and then ordered our starters, the Fungi Ripieni and the Meat Balls and Beans. I had 3 small mushroom arrive in a lovely tomato sauce and my friend had his meat balls arrived all 4 of them without beans. It was nice, but didn't represent value for money. We were not really surprised. Meanwhile, more customers arrived as customers left. Its a popular place. Our main meal was Filetto Diane which is Steak Diane. After something like a 20 minute wait the main meal arrived. The steak was covered with mushrooms and onions in the diane sauce. We couldnt see the steak at all. The steak was cooked to perfection and tasted chargrilled mixed with the diane sauce. It was sublime. We also ordered a bowl of chips and a bowl of vegetables. It was a small bowl, i could have held all the chips in one hand. The veg was no better, a baby carrot, halved. Five Mange Tout pods and a sprig of broccoli. With a few drinks each, our tab was over £70. As we left the staff bid us farewell and smiled. I felt like we were on a production line and we were the end result. We glanced around the place once more observing the other diners and the surrounding decor. More people arrived still. It was not value for money, nor was it al a carte. It wasn't italian and neither was it spanish. It wasn't the mediterranean that i know and love. The Latino Lounge is very similar to Pizza Express, if you like that sort of restaurant, in out as quick as possible. If your looking for traditional authentic italian food with a mediterranean atmosphere and seductive ambience, you wont find it here. I went looking for my Bella Italia, but she certainly wasn't there! Would i recommend Latino Lounge to family, friends and colleagues? No!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My friend and I went for our Xmas treat and had a really lovely evening, can't fault anything, food excellent, entertainment the same, and the staff are wonderful. Will definitely be going again !!.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I recently visited Latino lounge for a lady gaga tribute night. We had a fantastic time, the entertainment was excellent as was the food. We ordered off a set menu and it was really good value. I had a cheese and spinach parcel and my friends had creamy mushrooms to start and we all has steak for my main and cheese cake for desert. The food was really nice and the portions were good. I was a little worried that because it was a set menu the portions may be smaller but they were the same as the normal menu and very taste. To top the night off the wine was half price as they have a Friday offer.