“wonderful service and no hassle vegan meal”
Review of Pizza Express - CLOSED

Pizza Express
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bolton, United Kingdom
“wonderful service and no hassle vegan meal”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Sunday at 5pm I wanted to eat out with a friend. From the moment we entered Pizza Express in Bolton we were treated as important valued customers. Ewelina knew the menu inside and out, gave alternatives and additions which enabled us to eat a hassle free vegan meal. Nothing was too much trouble,the meal was hot, tasty and well presented. We even shared a huge main course as our starters - stacked high with extra veg.Enjoyed a vegan desert with piping hot coffee.Grateful thanks to Ewelina and chef for a delightful evening. We will be back.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank magic1948

Whitworth, United Kingdom
“Do not visit here if you can't handle steps!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Attended this establishment as part of a business networking evening. Drink service was very slow and we had to look for the waitress when needing a fill up as there was 1 waitress on the whole floor.
We all had dough balls to share for starter and these were delicious and cooked to perfection, this I followed with just a plain marguerite pizza, which was tasty although a little doughy. No pizza cutters were provided and when asked was presented with a very sharp "classic pizza cutting knife". There was a mixed group of over 25 of us, and 2 people's orders where wrong (they had ordered pizzas and lasagnes arrived) this resulted in them waiting 20 mins for their food order....at which point we had all eaten and most putting coats on and going. I was at this point onto my really good choc cake with vanilla pod ice cream.
Decor was bog standard, not really to my taste and not the cleanest and the toilets were not at all clean. We were seated upstairs (up 5 flights) toilets were down more stairs, then more stairs....
By 10pm the whole place was empty bar 5 of us and all of downstairs locked up.

Although the food I had was good and I had no problems with the food, the venue was crummy and the poor girl was worked off her feet due to lack of staff!

Don't think I would go to this particular Pizza Express Venue again, but may try another in another town as I believe the Bury restaurant is very good as is the Prestwich.

• Visited January 2014
BOLTON
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We booked for New Year's Eve prior to going to the theatre.
I'd agree with other reviews that it can be cold here although the huge old radiators were piping hot. Its the fact that its an old building with very high ceiling. It doesn't help matters when the door to the upstairs is left open to assist staff who bring the food down from the upstairs kitchen. My husband was sat in a draught from this door & I kindly offered him my seat in front of the radiator as I was hot enough.
Being the "festive period" I would have expected some tasteful decorations - there were none at all, just some tiny fairy lights on the wall but switched off. No lit candles on the windowsills - a little something could have created a cosier feel.
We asked for water with our meal it came in an awful large blue plastic jug, something I'd expect to find full of cordial in a kindergarten - I refused to put it on the table.

Having said the above, we had a well prepared salad nicoise, the eggs were still slightly warm & it was delicious.
We both had pizza which was hot & tasty - I think this pizza express does the best pizza, better than many so called Italian restaurants.
We always find the service polite & timely.
At full price it's not a bargain meal, but it's worth it. (There's often an offer on line or use Tesco vouchers)

Montreux, Switzerland
“Freezing cold, and indifferent service”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Just visited this place; very cold room. Sulky, slow service. Food was cold due to room temperature. Sort it out, Pizza Express!!

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Not bad...”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Unfortunately the service let this Pizza Express down. The staff were friendly, however the service was just too slow and we had a couple of problems with the bill (being charged for items we did not order) The food was nice and the atmosphere in the restaurant was good.

1 Thank Mark W