“Not really impressed”

Ranked #13 of 554 Restaurants in Bolton
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just recently went here for our second time, took with us some family members incl son and new fiance - some had starters, they were fine. I ordered the £25 fillet steak, I asked for "medium, NO blood. Now it really annoys me when I am asked how I want it and it comes nothing like it at all ! The main meals arrived together and I was extremely disappointed, I cut into the streak, it mooed and began to eat the cold broccoli, this was sent back. I then sat unfed whilst the rest of my party eat !! -- How poor is this, from an establishment that rates itself so high. The roast potatoes were tough, the chips over done and the veg was roasted in the dish, apart from the broccoli this was cold. The place is very small, coats are hung by the door, on leaving a chap could not find his coat among loads of others, this left a queue of 8 people lined up down the restaurant, basically with there bums in customers diner !
Sorry Nicks, great the first time, but at £300 not impressed on the second time at all. High charges are ok when backed up with great food and perfect service, Sadly I left disappointed, it was not worth the money.

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

The ribs and roast duck were amazing and if the large selection of menu dishes and specials are of a similar standard you will never struggle for choice, unless... You are a vegetarian!
Unfortunately the F in TeamHF was not as satisfied as the meat eating H! A poor choice of starters meant having to pick 2 mains for the 2 courses and the highlight was the side of vegetables.
Staff and atmosphere is great in this comfortable little restaurant but it is a little pricey.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

As a vegetarian coeliac my choice of restaurants can be very limited however on my one and only visit to Nick's I've got to say the food and service was absolutely fantastic. The restaurant is a bit small and dated but you can't have everything. I will definitely go again. Sorry Nick's I know I'm a pain but you will just have to put up with me again when I'm over that side of Bolton.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Myself and 4 friends enjoyed a fabulous meal at Nick's. The food was delicious and the wine excellent!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Consistently good standard of food, been coming here for many years and never had a bad experience. Wide range of fish dishes on the Specials board to supplement the menu. Wines to suit every taste - reasonably priced offers and some excellent wines from the wine list.