“Nicks @ chequerbent brilliant!”
Review of Nick's Restaurant

Nick's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 531 Restaurants in Bolton
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Bolton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nicks @ chequerbent brilliant!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Food amazing, staff friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, would definitely return, very impressed

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank BoltonKayT

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Little gem...top quality chef.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Went for My friend's 40+ birthday. Previously never heard of the place, But so glad I was introduced. Spoilt for choice on the specials board. I decided to go for the most expensive steak at £25. My wife went to the cheaper option lamb chops. She was gutted as she had food envy for the rest of the night. My fillet steak was about 1 inch thick, it was amazing and I reluctantly shared a little bit with her too. (brownie points in the bag) I had sticky ribs for starters and they were delightful too. The only downfall was I had no room for dessert. Maybe next time. Got to meet Nick at the end of the night, top bloke, down to earth and very passionate about his food. Looking forward to my next visit. Thank you Nick and co. for such an enjoyable evening.

• Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service with attitude!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place really lets itself down as they have very young staff that make you feel like your doing them a favour!! Very unprofessional and not in the least bit friendly, this applies to both the waiting on staff and the bar staff.
We waited quite a while to book a table due to reading mixed reviews - however I wish now that we had eaten elsewhere where your guaranteed at least service with a smile!!!
Overall the food was ok but not amazing.
Definitely would not recommend not will we be returning.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Loublou1112
England
“Food not as good as previous visit”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I normally love the food at nicks but our last visit was disappointing.

I ordered the beef stroganoff with rice and it really had gone downhill since the last time.

The meat was tough and chewy and the rice was hard.

Hopefully this was just a blip as the food is normally fantastic.

Excellent service as always though.

• Visited May 2013
UK
“Nice meal for 70th Birthday”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went to Nicks for my mum's 70th birthday. When we arrived, the bar was fairly busy and had a good atmosphere. The restaurant is upstairs and was about half full when we arrived.

The menu was quite extensive, probably too much choice if anything, but the dishes we chose were nicely presented and everyone seemed happy with their food.

If I was criticise anything, it would be the service, which was a little on the slow side, especially given that they weren't full. Also, we were in a group of 8 but the table they gave us was a round table and rectangular table pushed together so it wasn't ideal in terms of trying to have a conversation.

Having said that, we had a nice evening and everyone enjoyed their meal so I would go back again.

• Visited April 2013