“Food ok, bad service”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2012

The restaurant was full and was told it would be 30 mins but was 45/50 mins before we were sat. We then had to wait over an hour for food even though people sitting after us were served before us. Once food arrived it was ok.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have not been to Frankie and Benny’s for a long time, at least four years and this was my first visit to the new restaurant that is now on the Middlebrook Retail Park.

I booked in advance with it being Easter Sunday but perhaps there was no need to, but anyway our table was ready and waiting.

I cannot fault any of the service we received, from initially arriving to leaving. We had starters, drinks, main course, and desert. There was a delay between the starter and main course, but I consider this was perhaps normal since it was a busy Easter Sunday and to be honest a break between courses is helpful!

At one point however my glass was removed from the table when a waitress was cleaning up, despite there still being some coke in it to drink which I found a tad annoying!

I was impressed with the food quality, and the person I went with recommends the Beer Battered Fish and Chips, whereas I opted for a chicken dish, which was so tasty.

Overall I was happy with the restaurant, service and food and we shall be back to eat there again soon!

The Lemon Sorbet is also delicious, I wanted a desert but certainly could not manage something heavy after such a large meal so opted for the sorbet which was tangy and light!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food is pretty average. I imagine nothing was freshly made, due to it being a well known very busy resterant.
The bar service was great. Bartenders serving with a smile :)
Waitresses and waiters very knowledgable and helpful with the menu . Only thing understandablely when busy service has to be quick. But felt like the waiters / waitresses were pacing past the booths at some speed ! Which was quite off putting whilst dining. Go mid week ! Or when the sun is out! Eating outside was lovely.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

will be avoiding these restaurants in the future, food didnt have much flavour and seems to rely on sauces..

Reviewed March 22, 2012

not such a good visit, we know what to expect when we go with the kids, quick fast food thats ok but the kids usually like it, this time it was awful and even the kids didnt eat their over cooked burgers