“Exceptional hotel and service”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Exceptional hotel and service”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We have stayed twice in this airport hotel and twice we have been treated like VIPs even though we were only staying for one night.(Feb and May) The room was gorgeous (they upgraded us as we has a special anniversary) and we had a few drinks in the club bar, which was welcoming . Steve at the check in desk could not do enough for us .....his service was amazing. The staff and management make this hotel what it is. We went on from this Crawley hotel to stay in the Crowne Plaza Villamoura, which is a gorgeous 5 star hotel...however the staff there have a lot to learn from the team in Crawley..see review..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DebandFrank
Janice P, Guest Relations Officer at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear DebandFrank

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about your stay.

I was pleased to read that you had a lovely stay once again. I am happy that you found the service you received from our staff was efficient, especially from Steve in Reception, and that you were satisfied with the room upgrade. Such comments are always welcomed and encouraging for both Staff and Management.

We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Marcella Tempra
Guest Relations Officer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

At the end of June my boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for one night before our holiday. This is my second stay at Crowne Plaza Gatwick and it was just as good as my first, if not better! We upgraded to a 'Club Room' for an additional cost of £17. The room was amazing, it had everything you needed, even a spray to spray on your pillow to get a better nights sleep before travelling! Breakfast was good, there was a lot to choose from. We were told on arrival that the shuttle bus doesn't run anymore, I'm not 100% sure if this is stated on their website, but the hotel will order a taxi for you to Gatwick Airport which costs exactly £10. I would recommend this hotel, and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CSM85
Dear CSM85

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travelers on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with the room upgrade and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We no longer have a bus service as they withdrew the service in 2013. We do advise that on our Website. We do think that although the Taxi transfer is a little more expensive, It offers a far superior service and is flexible with the time you choose to come and go, with the added bonus of a short transfer time instead of sitting on a bus for 40 minutes while it picks up at different hotels in the area.

Once again thank you very much for leaving your comments with us, your feedback is important to us. We look forward welcoming you back in the future.

Marcella Tempra
Guest Relations Officer
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as we had an early flight from Gatwick the next day, reception staff were very polite when checking in. We used the spa facilities and although not huge, more than enough for what we were after. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna in each respective changing rooms. Rooms were a nice size and the bed was very comfortable. Also about a 5 minute drive to a complex where there are a number of restaurants which was handy. In terms of value for money, not sure what the rate is for a room per night as we got a really good deal with parking at Airparks car park too.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Janice P, Duty Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Luke T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found your room spacious and comfortable and took advantage of the Health Club facilities available here at the Crowne Plaza . Thank you for your lovely comment about the Reception staff. I was also pleased that you found the parking package that you booked being good value for money.

I hope that you will choose to stay again with us in the future.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom
NW UK
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Work took me to the Gatwick area so this place seemed ideally located. Large car park, plenty of space - keep going round the hotel to the spaces adjacent to the side and front which were empty when I stayed - easier to carry bags to the reception. Checkin was quick and easy. Room on 5th floor was clean and functions. Fridge - excellent. Ate in the bar in the evening. standard crowne plaza fare - perfectly acceptable and very quick service. Bar was busy and it took a while to get served. Typical corporate hotel short staffed bar. Breakfast was good and hot. WiFi was quick and free for me. There are leisure facilities but I did not use them. Overall a good functional corporate experience at this hotel. Would use again when in area.

Room Tip: They all appear similar - get a club room if you can
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Peter51964,

I was delighted to read that you were pleased with your check in experience, and found your bedroom clean and suitable to your needs. I am glad that you liked your meal in the bar and the buffet breakfast in the Cube restaurant and I am sorry that it took a while to be served. I have passed your comments onto the Food and Beverage Manager.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to use our Health Club facilities on a future visit and I very much look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom,
Duty Manager
Leeds
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Airport hotels are varied. We tend to book Crowne Plazas due to them being consistently good.
This one is no exception.
OK - it's a bit anonymous, but the room is well fitted out and the chain's restaurants are usually good (although we didn't eat here this time).
If you want a hotel with a comfortable bed and good deals for hotel and parking packages for those overseas holidays, this is a good bet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alan K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with other travellers on TripAdvisor following your recent visit at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you found the room well fitted and the bed comfortable. I am pleased that we met all your expectations and that you found the parking package that you booked good value.

I would like to thank you for your trust in the Crowne Plaza brand and I look forward to welcoming back in a near future.

Sindarmy Vingadassalom
Duty Manager
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here for a night before our holiday. Althought the room was OK, we did not particularly enjoy our stay. We had intended to have a meal in the restaurant, but after seeing the menu, decided to have a burger in the bar. This turned out to be a BIG mistake. The burger was the most disgusting object I have ever attempted to eat, with minced up bits of what looked like lungs ( hard and chewy) and other unmentionable and unidentifiable lumps of internal organs and a distinct flavour of offal - a bit like liver. I have eaten burgers in some fairly cheap places, but never had anything as revolting as this, and it was more than I would normally pay for a burger meal. Back in the room, there was an enormous gurgling noise which truned out to be dirty water coming up the drain into the bath. A bit later the noise resumed and the water drained away, leaving bits of dir in the bath. Luckily we were leaving so early we didn't use the shower! We had thought our bed and parking deal was a good one, but we certainly were not impresed by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.
I was very disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay and your experience while staying with us was not a positive one.

I have passed on your comments to the Food&Beverage Manager with regards to the quality of the burger .

I have also forwarded your comments about the plumbing in your room to our Maintenance team. I can assure you that we do take your feedback seriously and would welcome the opportunity to speak to you following your experience.

I feel confident that had we known about how upset you were we would have tried our best to offer a solution. I can only offer my sincere apology that we did not meet your expectations.

if you would like to contact me to discuss your stay please call the hotel and ask to speak to the Guest Relations Manager.

Janice Puddephatt
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed here for one night before flying from gatwick using our avios points. Got an upgrade which was nice and leaving car here was easy no problems. Check in easy very polite man walk to room was long. Huge bathroom and comfortable bed slept so well. Went to Toby Carvery 5 minutes walk very good value. Breakfast was included and self serve good choice. Would use again no bus to airport have to use taxi which avios never mentioned!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and feedback following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location well situated if you want to venture out into the town.

I hope that you were not too disappointed that we no longer have the shuttle bus,The Taxi transfer is quicker and you do have the convenience of booking the exact time you wish to go to the Airport.I am sorry if your agent did not inform you that the service had changed.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Janice Puddephatt