“Fab Club room”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Another very good stay at my prefered hotel when flying out of Gatwick. I always upgrade to a club room as standard rooms are basic, small and not great value. My room was spacious, bed comfortable and bathroom luxurious. Minor niggles though in that I could always in the past order food in the club lounge, no menu this time and breakfast seems to have been down graded to something worse than that can be found in a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feedback about the Club Room and the Club Lounge your comments are important to us and help us to deliver a better service to our guest 's in the future.

I do hope as your prefered hotel in the Gatwick area we will be able to improve the service we provide .We look forward to being able to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night here and spent 80 pounds for the room. Parking is 10 pounds a night. The lobby isn't much to talk about nor are the dim and dodgy looking corridors however, I had a club room and I was very happy with it. Huge television, bed was comfy, and Bose speakers are a few of the amenities. Shower pressure is really poor but there is a tv where you can watch while taking a bath.
Staff at the hotel were generally friendly.
I went to the club lounge twice and found their evening food selections to be quite poor. If you have ever travelled to a club lounge in a hotel in Asia, there is no comparison. I also have stayed at the crowne plaza in Ealing-London and didn't find their food to be any more appealing.

On the plus side, the lady who works at the CP Gatwick club lounge in the morning was very friendly and welcoming.

I'd stay again if I can secure a cheap rate.

Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed a comfortable nights stay with us, and providing you are able to secure a good rate you will stay with us in the future.

Thank you for mentioning Allie the Club Lounge Hostess I will make sure that she is aware of your comments.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here before we went to gatwick . Great beds great breakfast great staff .will stay again even for a weekend with my wife she even enjoined it wich was a bonus .the showers and bathroom was spotless as was the room .the in house restaurant was a little expensive but great food

Room Tip: Upgrade you won't be disapointed
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and enjoyed a comfortable night sleep.
Thank you for your comments about our staff and the service they delivered to you.
Your comments are always welcome and help us to continue to deliver good service to our guest's

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Guest Realtions Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for one night prior to early flight from Gatwick. Room quite small but adequate. Standard quite basic and needs some updating. Staff pleasant enough. Hotel reception area and bar very busy but quiet enough to get some sleep. Didn't use the food facilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HEATHER W
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay
at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback and comments about your stay. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Gatwick is an older hotel. I've stayed there a number of times when it was operated by different brands. The rooms are much nicer now. They've had a recent refurb which left them looking tasteful, bright and cheery. Check-in was simple. The pool looked nice but on this occasion I didn't use it. Nice to have the option though. We paid just £62 for parking and hotel on a room only basis and we used the Toby Carvery just down the road. This was very nice.
We didn't eat at the hotel but some of the food looked pretty good. As you'd expect at an airport hotel the prices were utterly extortionate. Why do this? It's just absurd. One pint of 1664 and one coffee. £7.65 SEVEN POUNDS AND SIXTY FIVE PENCE!!!!! And I had to carry it over to the table myself despite there being three bar staff (two were table waiters). My partner had sat at a table for five minutes whilst I nipped to the loo and had been ignored. I then stood at the bar like a lemon as they all chatted to each other and ignored me. What a shocking excuse for service which added to the insult of the ludicrously unjustifiable prices. I once paid £4.99 for a test tube sized glass of London Pride but that was in the American Bar at The Savoy, NOT at Gatwick airport. Absolutely disgraceful.
Our room was tiny. I do mean tiny. It overlooked the flat roof and the noise from the air-conditioning units was substantial. That's a pity given the fact that whatever we did to our room controls, it was very ineffectual. The lights are mostly halogen and they're the super hot ones which countered the effect of the air con. I had to open the window but the retainer was loose so I had to use card to wedge it open so that we could sleep. It was like a sauna. The bathroom was compact but nice. Can't complain. It did it's job. I can never understand why people who build airport hotels never include a room safe. It's obvious that everyone there has valuables. Weird.
On checking out, staff were courteous and helpful but there was a mobile phone call on our bill which neither of us had made. They removed it without argument but we were left with the impression that things could be better here.
Overall, it's as cheap as chips so I had a good result but if I could pay a few pounds more and choose the Hilton or Sofitel at the airport (I have had good deals at both before now) then I would do that instead.
This hotel is not especially convenient or welcoming and the staff (with the exception of front desk) clearly don't give a toss.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I do apologise that during your stay there were several issues, both with the room and the service in the Bar .

I can address the service issues and will be passing on all your comments with regards to the lack of attention given to you by bar staff to the Restaurant Manager. I am sure that these can be improved apon with additional training.

If you were experiencing a problem with your room had you mentioned these issues to the Reception staff we would have tried to find a different room for you .

I can only apologise to you and if you would like to conact me at the hotel to discuss the issues you had during your stay I would be delighted to hear from you.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

One night stay before a flight from gatwick. Hotel is ok but as a platinum member of the priority club, surprised I had to ask for an upgrade. Food was ok, drinks extortionate. Can't understand why I had to pay for a taxi to and from the airport when every other airport hotel has a bus. You need to get your act together.
Not rushing back.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Unfortunately we no longer have a shuttle bus from the Airport as the Bus Company no longer operate this service which served several hotels in the area, the cost was £3.20 per person but took 45 mins to get to the Airport because it picked up at several hotels.

We have now got the Taxi Transfer which is £10.00 and although a little more expensive it is quicker and can be booked at a time that suits our guests.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again, and we will be able to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

A brief overnight stay before a very early flight the next morning. A friendly welcome at reception. Room perfectly adequate although small. Bed comfy enough. No aromatherapy sleep pack offered this time. Did not eat in the hotel but it has a nice restaurant. A good deal with parking so maybe would stay again in future.

Room Tip: Large hotel with long corridors. If you have lots of luggage you may wish to be nearer a lift.
1  Thank takemoretrips
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us all be it a short stay because you had an early flight.

If you found the room comfortable but on the small side you may wish to book one of our Club Rooms if you choose to stay in future. These rooms are large and offer a more luxurious experience with added access to the Club Lounge maybe if you have more time you might like to book this type of room.

I do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.