“Brilliant Club Rooms , Poor Club Lounge”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Cala'n Porter, Spain
“Brilliant Club Rooms , Poor Club Lounge”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

On arrival at check in we decided to treat ourselves & upgrade to a Club Room as a treat

The receptionist sold the product well and on top of our pre-booked room rate of £63.00 we paid an additional cost of £50 for the Club Room.

Having been allocated room 253 we on arrival were really happy with the Upgraded room and were looking forward to pre-dinner drinks & canapes in the Club Lounge just by reception.

On entering the lounge we were greeted by a host called Maureen who was friendly & efficient although we thought the option was Beer, Wine or Soft Drinks we duly ordered two wines and made our way across to the bar area to find a poor & dismal offering of non Canapes.

All that was on show was some very dry baked baby new potato with sour cream , three bananas & one orange, on asking Maureen where were the Canapes, she replied these are all that is on offer !!!

I then asked to speak to a F & B Manager as I thought this was an abysmal offering

Ranjeet the F & B Manager did agree the offering was poor and did offer to arrange us some more Canapes but to be honest we were going out for dinner and were past the event.

Having traveled the world and used numerous Club/Premium Floors I have never come across
such a basic & tired Club Lounge that to be honest did not want the guest to have any of the benefits it offered as after having a glass of wine other guests were having Whisky & Gin and none of this was offered to us but clearly the answer is here if you do not ask you do not get.

On saying this I would stay here again as the rooms were great but please upgrade the lounge because other hotels in the Gatwick area offer this and you could be losing out on guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I would like to thank you for your constuctive feedback with regards to your Club Room and the Club Lounge. I am pleased that the Club Room met with your approval but I am disappointed that the Club Lounge did not meet your expectations. Following your comments to Ranjith our Food & Beverage Manager we are looking at the Club Lounge and intend to make changes to what we offer as part of the Club Lounge experience.

I do apologise that on your visit there were areas that needed addressing. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We booked this as our friend was getting married here, so thought we'd stay 2 nights. On arriving late friday night after a long journey with our children we knew that all the family rooms (which we wanted) were fully booked but expected 2 rooms with an interconnecting door which wasn't the case-in fact we just had 2 rooms next door to each other which wasn't suitable for our needs. Luckily Janice, the duty manager was dealing with us and she could see our frustration and knew our needs with children so did her utmost to help us. She spent a long time finding the best solution which ended up being an upgrade to a club room. It was very kind of her to spend the time resolving this and we were very grateful-thank you Janice! The club rooms are in a separate, exclusive key carded area of the corridor and the room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the hotel swimming pool too, a hit with our children! Obviously a good location for an overnight stay for nearby gatwick airport.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza LOndon Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that I was able to assist you with your rooms as there was some confussion as to the room type on your booking. Having been away with young children I know how important the location of bedrooms can be. I am delighted that the Club Rooms were comfortable and offered the room you needed for your family.

I was pleased to read that the children enjoyed our Leisure facilities . I do hope that if you are staying in the area again we will be able to be of service to you.We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza in the future.

Headcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on night before we went on holiday if you are thinking about this Don't lazy and rude staff overpriced food and drink had carry our own luggage we upgraded to the club section of this hotel hate to think what service we would have got on normal tariff

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza .

I was very disappointed to read your comments as it appears that you experienced problems during your stay, which I have not been made aware of. I would like to invite you to contact Guest Relations at Crowne Plaza London Gatwick to discuss in detail the problems you had during your stay .

Please accept my apology that the service provided did not meet your expectations I look forward to hearing from you.

Crawley West Sussex
Reviewed September 9, 2013

At check in my friend and I were told we were in a double bedded room despite me booking a room with single beds. The guy in check in was adamant that I had not booked a twin. It was frustrating and embarrassing. When I insisted he look back on his pc at the history of the booking he still swore I had not boked a twin and at this point a more senior member of staff stepped forward, listened to my issues, looked at the booking on the same screen the guy was looking at and agreed they had not booked us into the correct room.
We were then offered a superior room, although not a twin it had a huge kingsize bed and was a very pleasant room, clean and modern.
The food was good and our stay was enjoyable, it was a shame it got off to a bad start but the problem was eventually sorted.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts as party goers make plenty of noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay atthe Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I do apologise if there was some misunderstanding with regards to the room type you had booked. I am pleased that a member of saff was able to offer a solution to the issue. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

WestSussex
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We used hotel night before our holiday to Bangkok, nice clean hotel, couldn't fault it. We had to rooms 1 for our girls they loved it, very affordable. Will definetly use again if flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed August 2013
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback and comments following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport hotel.

I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and will stay with us in the future when you travel out of Gatwick.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We used this hotel as a transit stop from Gatwick, and were absolutely delighted with our stay. The room was large and easily accommodated 2 adults and 2 children. It was really quiet (and there was a police conference there so I felt very safe!!) and the beds comfy. Check in was speedy and pleasant, and they even threw in free wifi which should have been extra - but as the room rate was so low, I would have been happy to pay. The pool looked fabulous, but we just didn't have the time to use it. Breakfast was yummy and plentful and very good value as the kids ate for free. Overall, this was a great hotel to stay at - The staff were all very pleasant and professional. Personally, I prefer this hotel over the Gatwick Hilton, even though you have to have a short cab ride. But by time you shlep your luggage through the many tunnels, car parks etc to get to the hilton, it is easier to jump in a cab right out front of the terminal :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ErinK9969
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport Hotel.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us ,and that the hotel exceeded your expectations in all areas.

I do hope if you stay with us in the future you will get the chance to enjoy the leisure facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel .

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had a bit of a wait at reception, so was upgraded to a family room (instead of twin) and was given free wi fi access

fantastic 2 for £20.00 upgrades and chose breakfast £16.95 and pizza and a drink £12.00 and £4.80

room was great, clean, tidy etc

fantastic pool, sauna etc

food acceptable, but the top marks went to the staff who were all so helpful and friendly

booked through alpha rooms at £63.00 it was a bargain

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeff S
Janice P, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments onto TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London Gatwick Airport.

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback about our staff, I am delighted that they contributed to making your stay so enjoyable.

I am sorry that your check in took some time while we found a suitable room for you.
The hotel is very busy at the moment and this can lead to a shortage of room types being available early in the day, as guests do tend to take longer to check out at the weekend.
I am pleased that the staff were able to upgrade you to compensate for the delay.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.