“Great stay for business!”

Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here a couple of time now and best thing must be the Gym sauna and steam room. Great relaxing atmosphere and gym classes if you signed upto the crown plaza rewards card. Restaurant is great and always willing to help. Great breakfast and most of all the most comfortable bed ive slept in a long time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
guestrelations4, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments; it is always encouraging to both staff and Management.

I was very happy to read you had to opportunity to enjoy the Gym, Sauna and Steam room.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport

Reviewed March 14, 2013

You will need to speak German at the front desk, Croation at the bar, Urdu in the dining room, and make sure that you eat at an off-site restaurant. Also, note that the airport bus driver does not come into the hotel to announce that the bus is there - you have to keep an eye out for it yourself, and remember that it parks round the corner, out of site from the lobby

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
guestrelations4, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

14th March 2013

Dear hadleymike,

I was sorry to hear that your experiece with us was tainted by a language barrier with our team. We employee staff of all nationalities at the hotel to allow us to deal with our International clientele which is generaly well recieved by all. Further to this I am sorry you felt that the service provided by our Airport Shuttle was not to standard. We accept you feedback and are continually reviewing how this arrangement works for the benifit of all our guests.

I do trust these experiences do not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Despite looking like a concrete power station, I was taken aback by how I found the interior of this hotel.
We were lucky to be upgraded to a Club room - it was one of the smartest rooms that I have stayed in in an airport hotel - I'd thoroughly recommend a stay here - even if it's just a one-night stay ahead of travelling.

Room Tip: Choose a Club room, if you can
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

6 March 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments, it is always encouraging to hear for both staff and Management.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Rooms better than anticipated, leisure facilities looked good but restaurant and bar little disappointing open plan design but feels bit like a windy corridor. However with meet & greet valet parking deal good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the restaurant and bar being open plan.

I do hope that this does not deter you from booking to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night, before a flight for Egypt, stayed with my Mum in a twin room on her 50th birthday

Location is good - a little far from Gatwick airport especially in traffic, however a short walk away from a leisure area where there is a cinema and lots of nice food places to eat at
Rooms are clean but very small for a four star hotel, same size as the room at the Best Western Gatwick Moat House, where we paid £35 a night 5 days before here!
Bathroom was nice
Didnt eat at the hotel, as the prices were stupidly high, same price as you pay for a top restaurant in central London, walk a few minutes from the hotel and eat at the many nice places instead
Spa is dirty especially the changing facilities, which is used by non-resident people, not just the hotel
Staff checking in was rude and ignorant and a shame English wasnt her first language, she was Spanish I believe and got confused, we booked a twin room, she sent us to a room which was 'upgraded' went to the room, and it was a room with a double bed, called from the phone in the room and she said 'there is a sofa bed for either of you' - was she serious? We went back to reception with our suitcases and then given another room, no apology or nothing from her, instead she stood there ignoring us whilst two other friendly staff helped us instead

Would only stay here for the location being close to restaurant, nothing else... and if we got a deal where we payed £50, woudnt pay a penny more for this hotel.. my Mum didnt enjoy it either which was a shame as it was my treat for her 50th birthday before our holiday to an all inclusive resort in Egypt.

Room Tip: A room not too far from the lifts
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Husain K

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the location of the Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise if you felt a member of staff was rude to you in any way and to assure you that I will be taking this up with the Front office Manager and this issue will be addressed with the employee. I will also take your valuable comments regarding cleanliness of the Health Club with the Manager.

I do hope that this does not deter you from booking to stay with us again in the future and we can look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've never been a fan of airport hotels for more than a single night, usually when passing through and making connecting flights. I had three days of business in Crawley and my clients suggested teh Crowne Plaza as it was very close to their office.

Very quick ($10 US) cab ride from Gatwick. Checked in quickly and had reserved a "Club" room. Room was spotless, huge and had all of the appointments that I would expect in a Crown Plaza property.

Bar area was ideal for enjoying a good drink and watching people. I ended most every day there in the bar for a period of time.

ONLY complaint is bar staff requires that you carry a little card around with you which you are giving at checkin to prove you are a guest. Real pain as I rarely remember to carry those things with me. Room key, room number, last name are NOT sufficent to make a bar charge...

Breakfast buffet was pretty traditional and started the morning off right.

All in all, this is a great hotel if you're doing business in teh Crawley area or just passing through town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your positive comments. We were very pleased that your overall experience was enjoyable. I am sorry that you found it a problem with the bar staff asking for your key card wallet with your signature and room number on it, but unfortunately this has been put in place because we have found that not everyone is as honest as yourself.

I do hope that this does not deter you from booking with us again and we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. The room was nice and clean. We also had dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was delicious. The staff was very attentive and made us feel special. The experience for the staff bar was a little bit different. The bartender didn't seem to be aware of the promotions that were going on and his English was poor.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. Location very good too... Just a few minutes from gatwick. Perfect for a stopover.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
guestrelations4, Manager at Crowne Plaza London-Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We were very pleased that your overall experience was enjoyable. However, I will take up your valuable comments regarding the bar staff with my F&B Manager.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.