“Excellent curry”

Blue India - Crawley
Ranked #19 of 262 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Popular Blue india in Crawley is a stylish modern restaurant with an eclectic menu of authentic subcontinental cooking. Ranging from South Indian fish curry to Goan lamb shank, the kitchen cooks up home-style regional dishes full of aromatic flavour alongside tasty Indian tapas and curry staples for the less adventurous. This branch also serve "Banquet menu" from Sunday to Thursday for £12.95Pp include 1 Starter,1 Main Course, 1 Side Veg, 1 Rice and 1 Bread.
Bugibba, Malta
“Excellent curry”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have been here many times and have yet to have a bad meal. The staff are friendly and helpful and we eat here most weekends. I have tried a variety of curries here (apart from a Korma) and they've all been lovely.

• Visited July 2013

London, United Kingdom
“First visit, won't be last”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Some original dishes and cooking of a very high standard. We had the excellent value banquet menu which had all of the dishes we wanted to try and they were great, I especially enjoyed the Railway Lamb which was delicious. Of all the dishes we tried the only one I would not have again was the lemon rice which had rather an unfortunate artificial flavour. Other than that, top quality, great value and good service, The house french dry white wine at about £14 was delicious too.

• Visited July 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Terrible Service, Horrible Food & Flat Drinks....”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Im not one to moan but here you go:

As we arrived we ordered two Cokes, the first one came out flat so the waiter took it back and came to us with another. Again this was flat so we thought that the soda had ran out as both of us work in restaurants and know this does happen. The manager then came over and told us that they do not have a pump, that they use big bottles. He then told us that as people usually complain that the coke is flat we decided to get cans, which he had given us. It tasted like it was asdas or tescos own cola as it was flat and no flavour. The manager assured us it was from the can and brought a can over which clearly had (not for individual purchase) on it, I presumed they left it open and gave me a flat opened can. I wasn't going to pay £1.95 for a can of coke, he then asked if we wanted to have a glass bottle of coke. We said yes that would be great. He then took 10 minutes to bring them to us which I saw him give money to a chef who must have went to the shop as it was warm. Put it in a glass with ice which was fine.

Next the food.
We ordered our food from the £11.95 I had garlic chicken tikka starter, chicken biryani, sag aloo and no naan as I do not like it. My friend had lamb tikka, chicken tikka masala, bombay aloo and keema naan. (no rice onion bhaji instead).
My starter came out green with a horrible sauce (tasted nothing like tikka), the chicken had lots of garlic in which yes its a garlic dish but it was way to much (HORRIBLE). My friends lamb was chewy looked horrible, it was overcooked tasted disgusting (like a burnt burger of a bbq) and again didn't enjoy it. The waiter came over to ask how the starter was as we hadn't finished it, which we told him exactly what we have said on here, he then said he would tell the manager so he did in his own language.
The mains came out and my biryani was in a hot pot dish. I tried it and it was so hot I couldn't eat it, my friend tried it and didn't like it (again to hot) nothing like i've had before its my favourite dish and doesn't taste anything like that it is never hot and soggy. The rice in the biryani was mushy and gooey like a risotto. The onion bhaji starter states 4 onion bhajis and we only received 3 (which we didn't try). My friends tikka masala was quite nice just not much chicken. The manager came over as I asked to look at the menu to see if it says about spices in the biryani which it doesn't. When he returned again to collect it I asked about the spices he just took the menu all of our food and said he will sort it.
We then went to the bar to get the bill as nobody bothered to come over to us, he then took of 1 meal kept the drinks on and said we had to pay. My friend was not paying for 2 meals that we did not eat or the drinks. So we said this and he was very rude to us saying that from the beginning all we wanted to do was get a free meal, this is not true I never complain. I offered to pay for the drinks and the poppadums I put the money on the receipt which he then just flung at me almost hitting me with my change. Im appalled and will never be returning to Blue India again.

I use to go to the old Blue India and it was beautiful. Brilliant service, gorgeous food and no flat drinks.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“You know quality when you taste it”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Tried the Banquet Menu at £11.95 tonight. Wasn't sure what to expect but it happened to include the particular dishes I'd been keen on anyway (before I found out this menu was available on this particular night) so I took the plunge. And oh my word what a treat! This chef really knows what he's doing. All I could wish for - quality ingredients prepared in a subtle, expert way. The lamb Gurka's Revenge dish I had for main just hit the spot in every way. The supporting dishes were prepared and presented in the same careful way. I shall be back soon!

Sussex, United Kingdom
“A welcome return of the Blue India”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Blue India has returned to Crawley High, and renewed and refreshed. And better value.

A solid menu, with all the usual dishes. We went on a Thursday night and there was an outstanding value prix fixé menu on offer: for £11.95, a starter, a main, a side, a rice, and a bread. It's not a 'set' menu as there appeared to be no restriction on what you chose in each category.

As we all went for this, we could not judge whether the portions were smaller than from the main menu, but given how comprehensive the offer was this did not matter.

This set menu contained a chingri (prawn) puri which was excellent, but mysteriously absent from the à la carte menu.

The food was very good. Perhaps very slightly mild, but this is of course a matter of taste, and the most important point was that the quality was excellent. Notably it was quite un-oily.

Service was unobtrusive and very friendly, with the waiter recognising one of our party from a prior visit. A nice touch, and very genuine.

Décor a little bland inside, and one amusing reminder of the prior occupier - a Tapas bar - with Senoras on the door to the ladies.

Desserts were the usual 'standards' - perhaps an opportunity for something a little different is being missed here.

We were treated to complimentary digestifs.

All said, we will return. Good value, good service and good food.