“Avoid the Burgar !”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Starter and Main were nice, nothing spectacular. However, the Burger at £16 was really horrible. A processed and packed offering, that i was able to "snap" in half. Springy, and really not nice at all. If you want a good burger, go to the "HillSide Inn" in PoundHill - a proper homemade, melt in your mouth lump of yummyness !

The rest of the food was good, but again - nothing special.

Left dissapointed, gave my feedback to the manager - not sure if they will act on it.

1  Thank Neil M

Reviewed December 1, 2012

What a great experience, \The Grill,
Where did this chef come from, We decided to stop for a bite to eat at the Grill restaurant, my husband and I were on a business trip, the service was excellent and as for the food a GASTRONOMES delighgt, pertfect, we were so surprised that my husband aske to speak to the chef , to our amazement he seemed so young, he explained that he had worked as a chef since leaving school. well done Chef, what an experience...................will tell all our friends,

Mr, Mrs s london,

1  Thank catrole s
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited on 11/11/12 for our wedding anniversary and had a simply wonderful evening.
On hearing it was our anniversary the head waiter came back with complimentary champagne and strawberries while we ordered which was a nice touch.
The food is a carnivores delight - several cuts of steak and various grills with a few vegetarian options. It is not cheap (approx £17-25 for main course) but was of a high standard and beautifully presented.
My starter of vodka cured salmon with pistachios was imaginative and tasted wonderful.
Hubbys scallops were cooked perfectly. My fillet steak was fantastically presented and the triple cooked chips were the best I have had. Unfortunately there was a small mix up with my steak which was cooked medium rare not medium well - I mentioned this to the waiter and 3 people came up to the table to apologise, including the head chef who then offered us free desserts!

I felt a little bad about the fuss as it was a genuine mistake and they quickly rectified it. To be honest - having a short chat with the chef at the table about the menu and his recipe for the fab cured salmon (star anise and cardamom in the vodka apparently!) made the evening and they more than compensated for something that I probably wouldn't have even mentioned -it shows how wonderful the staff are and how much they care about getting it right.
The chef mentioned that he had only been there 3 months and was making some changes so its good to see someone so passionate about food in a local hotel
The little touches and attentiveness were spot on right down to knowing we arrived in a taxi and offering to call one for us at the end of the evening.
All in all a lovely time and I would return there again in a heartbeat - Highly recommended.

2  Thank RozzieUK
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and myself stayed at the Arora on 29th September 2012 and chose the duck and lamb from the menu. We both eat out a lot but have never experienced such an amazing meal as that night. (My husband is a Catering Engineer and spends most days in restaurants, and therefor sampling their delights)We asked to see the Chef to compliment him, and were surprised that he was so young. Edward Groew deserves to be working in a top Michelin Star Restaurant. His food was presented beautifully and tasted out of this world.He informed us that his Mother was french, and we feel this showed through his food.
Thank you once again Chef for an amazing foody experience, we shall definitely be back next time we fly from Gatwick.. We highly reccomend this restaurant and wished we lived closer!!
A gastronomic experience!!!!

2  Thank Dawn N
Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was an off the cuff decision to eat here and we were really pleased. Really nice dishes, well presented, nicely served and great flavours at a reasonable price.