“Great for less !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Echallon Guest House

Echallon Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crawley
Echallon Guest House
Ranked #11 of 19 Crawley B&B and Inns
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Great for less !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am traveling to Europe frequently and need a place near Gatwick Airport,because of
the connecting flight is always a day later.Abdul the owner is a very nice man,very helpful.
He picked me up at the North Terminal 10 minutes wait . The room was O.K. and clean. The price considering free transfer to and from the airport a bargain. Tesco and Sainbury supermarket are within a 10 minute walk ! It is safe and the night was quiet. The rooms are simple but have TV and coffee tray with hot water mashine .That is all I need to rest and be fit to continue my trip the next morning.
Yes I would recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank peter k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Westcliff-on-Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I had been to a number of guest houses in the area but since I discovered this one it is the only one that I stay at when flying from Gatwick. Nothing flashy but you are treated as a person not just a customer.Reliable service to and from the airport. Quiet and a back road so that one doesn't need to worry too much about leaving one's car there.No breakfast included, only coffee, but one can get that at the airport if flying out and there is a nearby eatery for an evening meal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Acle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have been staying at Enchallon guest House for many years now. It is always nice to see Abdul and his family who are always welcoming. We would not consider using any other guest house when flying from Gatwick if fact we are booked in three times this year. It is good value for money a safe place to leave your car which Abdul takes good care of, Added bonus is being taken and collected from the airport any time of day. On a couple of occasions members of our party arrived by train and Abdul picked them up from the station. The service he supplies is second to none. Its not a five star establishment but a homely.clean, tidy and comfortable guest house and we have no reservation in recommending this to others

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

As a pilot with easyJet working in London Gatwick but living in Belgium i needed to find a place to stay 3-4 nights a week. I couldn't stay in a hotel because after a year or 2 that's just killing you! So i found the Echallon Guest House in Crawley and met the owner Abdul. Over the year and a half i stayed with Abdul a lot was changed and renovated and for me it was like a second home. Abdul is always around for a nice chat and willing to help out for any queries! For me the most important thing was to be able to settle down and relax during my stay instead of not really feeling at home like in a hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
East Sussex UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

I have stayed at Echallon twice, May 2007 and the year before. It is true that the rooms are small and oddly furnished with an air of ongoing renovation, but the two we have tried were perfectly acceptable and comfortable for a single night, Abdul and his extended family saw to our needs, we were taken to the airport in time and efficiently collected on our return. As it is the cheapest B&B I have found in the Gatwick area, and the car service and parking and breakfast are included, I think it is well worth it.

The second time we were given the run of the nearby kitchen which I thought much better than being brought a tray. There was plenty of bread and milk in the fridge for us, and I brought our own butter and bread, as I don't like margarine or white sliced bread. The main thing was the ability to make gallons of early morning tea in our own time. There are tea making trays in the rooms, but they are a bit miniature.

Abdul is very careful with the car: we have to write down the mileage and any scars on it before leaving, so that there is no misunderstanding on our return, and he assured me he kept it inside locked gates at his other home round the corner.

As far as we are concerned, we will stay there every time we take an early plane from Gatwick, and I have just recommended it to some friends.

• Liked — Very cheap but adequate for an overnight stay
  • Disliked — A little difficult to find
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank Robertsbridge
Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2008

This was our second stay at Echallon Guesthouse and it was, if possible, even better than the first time. We really feel at home as soon as we enter the "house". One thing is for certain - the next time we want to spend a few days in London ( and surroundings) we will be back at Echallon - and it's very friendly owner and lovely family.
Best regards
Lise & Bo Hansen
Denmark

( bolise@hansen.mail.dk )

• Liked — the friendliness
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
swindon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2007

We booked this guesthouse before reading the previous review, We were a bit worried but decided to go anyway, well what a surprise. The owner Abdul greeted us as we arrived, showed us our rooms and then invited us into the dining room for coffee. We had a long chat and he told us all about his interesting life, then gave us all the local information we needed about a pub serving food, leisure park and shopping centre. We had our own keys to come and go as we please, the beds were very comfortable and I didn't care if the wardrobe didn't match the dresser i was not going to use it as I was only there 1 night..The whole place was spotlessly clean. We checked all the curtains for Iron marks and there were none!! Breakfast was perfectly ok, with cereal, toast, tea coffee and juice, Abdul took us to the airport and arranged to bring our cars to us when we came back I will definately use Echallon again, and I wouldn't hestate to recommend it. If people expect 5* standards they really should expect to pay 5* prices. We got very good value for our money.

• Liked — The warm welcome
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family