“Excellent little hotel for a quick night at Gatwick”

and 1 more site!
YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent little hotel for a quick night at Gatwick”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I got caught out two years ago flying from Spain back home to Vancouver. My flights did not connect. After searching and searching the internet and because I was travelling alone, I happened to come across Yotel at Gatwick. The rooms are tiny so be prepared. BUT the linens are spotless beyond. Lovely pillows, a beautiful small bathroom with toilet and shower. Just what I needed. My plane was leaving at 8 am from Gatwick so I got up early and was at my gate within minutes. Wow - what can I say. If ever I get caught out again this would be the only place I would stay. No traffic to worry about, no ride to the airport. Just get out of your bed and go to your gate. Doesn't get much better than that.....

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 25, 2013

As advertised the Small or rather compact rooms are just that . Come out from arrivals ad walk straight ahead to the lifts and you are there. very good service. Free wifi and codffee or tea.
Very close to weatherspoons pub for excellent breakfast or Dinner. Would stay there again .

Room Tip: Ask for a bed lower down . as opposed to being high up , could be caustrophobic!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great value for money. Slept there for one night before my next day's flight.
Nothing fancy but exactly what I needed.
Highly recommended. Ask for cabin 1.
Highly recommended.Highly recommended.Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently spent a day in the Yotel in between night shifts at Gatwick rather than fight it out with the snow. The pod is small but comfortable (take it from a claustrophobic - its all good - the mirror wall and glass door in the shower sections helps this)

The pod was clean and upto date. There are no windows so when i turned out the light i had total darkness (there is a small purple glow night light for those who dont like total darkness) and a great days sleep as the bed was a large single and amazingly comfortable

The rain shower is amazing and worth the money spent alone, hot powerful and hard to leave as it is so good!!

The staff are really nice and helpful

Room Tip: All standard rooms are the same except upper or lower bed pod... I had a lower one and didn't he...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, UK
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am often traveling from gatwick and will always stay at yotel if I have an early flight. You pay by the hour, so I usually check in at 1am and checkout at 6am. The pods are pretty small, but it ideal for resting your head fora few hours. Free wifi, the hourly rate is adjusted to demand - located in the basement of the south terminal. Would recommend to anyone who would like to spend a few hours resting in the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MonkeyBoy100
Lancs
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As my title says, my main misgiving is that there are no outside windows, but to put it into perspective I could not imagine anyone staying more than one night as it is literally in the arrivals concourse via the lifts next to Costa Coffee.

The room has everything you could wish for, except tea making facilities, but they are offered complimentary from reception. Wifi , flat screen TV, superb shower. The bed which electrically slides down from being a sofa on the wall to provide a very comfortable nights sleep has beautifully crisp and clean sheets.

The bathroom may put some people off as it is superbly clean but clear glass is all that seperates you from the bedroom. Space is limited, but there are plenty of shelves and you can easily fit 2 large cases underneath the retractable bed.

Would definately recommend to anyone as it was perfect for us as we walked the 70/60 yds to the lift after arriving just after 9pm. Dropped the cases off, and nipped out to the bars and restaurants. Woke up in the morning, and went for a coffee and breakfast, and then walked the 100yds for the Gatwick Express or alternatively the same distance to the shuttle for the North terminal.

Extremely friendly staff, and you may do well to ask for the complimentary ear plugs as even though it was quiter than a lot of hotels you are so close to the corridor that if you are a light sleeper you could well be disturbed.

Room Tip: Our room was no8 which was a double, and no problems, but if you are sited next to the housemaids cl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so I must confess that I've stayed here before. Last time I was in a premier room but this time I went for a basic room.

On the plus sides the location is good, the shower powerful with plenty of hot water and the bed was comfortable. sound proofing was good and I didn't hear anyone else coming or going unlike other airport located hotels. I also got a friendly and efficient welcome on check in but I definitely made a mistake on the room. small? you bet. despite the dimensions on the website I don't think anything prepares you for just how small a standard room is. I'm 5'5'' and I could touch both sides of the room.

The bed was on a raised plinth so my first dilemma was how to get in it (a small fold down step) but I did spend my time in bed paranoid that I would roll out in the middle of the night and cause myself some serious damage. I wouldn't recommend to any claustrophobics. I don't suffer with this but even I was a little spooked by how close my head was to the ceiling.

bed size wise it was fine for one but it would be very cosy for two. plus the fact that there is no privacy in the bathroom area (a clear glass partition) would mean I wouldn't want to share it unless I despatched my husband to wait outside everytime I needed to use the toilet; some things just aren't for sharing!

another factor is because of the size of the room I could barely open my suitcase, and I had cabin sized. if you had anything larger then forget it. you're not going to be able to properly open it unless you stand in the "bathroom".

So, overall, I wouldn't stay in this type of room again. whilst it is cheap, it comes at a price of comfort. best advice - either spend the extra for a bigger premium room or go to one of the other airport located hotels.

• Stayed March 2013