“Perfect for a quick nap & shower before getting to town”

YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Most hotels in London don't let you check in before 12 p.m. So what do you do if your flight arrives at 5 or 6 am in the morning? That's where Yotel fits in. You can book a room for 4 hours. Check in was quick. Barely a minute. The room is sufficient for one person. Please keep in mind that the room has one bed which is large enough even for those with large frames. It has an attached bathroom and shower. The entire room may be the size of a bathroom in some hotels but it serves the purpose. The room has a TV, phone and wi-fi. They also provide complimentary tea and coffee. It's a great place to freshen up after a long flight that has landed early in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank udalvr
YotelHQ, Sales & Marketing Executive at YOTELAIR London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, sounds like our concept and location was a perfect solution for your trip.

If you are more than one traveller, you can book into a Premium cabin which is larger than the Standard cabin and has a double bed instead of the single bed.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future either to one of our airport locations or if you get the chance, to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!

Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,603)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed for just four hours in between flights. Slept, showered and brushed our teeth. Perfect. Then we were ready to carry on with our journey. I would definitely stay here again if needed. The only comment I would make is that the bed could have been slightly bigger as there were three of us. Two on the bottom bunk was a bit snug.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Can't beat the location, the price, the friendliness of staff, the amenities....I had five hours between flights and happened to see signs for the hotel upon arrival, from leaving the plane to being asleep was maybe twenty minutes, and when I awoke it took me five minutes to check out and walk to my check-in desk. I am so beyond impressed I have told all my friends and family and many asked why this service isn't offered in all airports!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a great hotel for a short stopover. It has everything you need in a compact environment and at a low cost too. The rooms are clean and well designed and the bed was very comfortable. It is of course much smaller than a typical hotel room and there are no views, but they are far bigger than the Japanese "pods" you may have heard of, and they make great use of every inch of space.

...as long as you are not expecting a 5 star hotel, you probably wont be disappointed. I am going back next weekend!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed in a single room at Gatwick for 6 hours between connecting flights and loved every minute. Having said that we do like Japanese styles and the Yotel does exhibit a clean, modern, compact style in the cabins and communal areas. Location was good as it is beneath the South terminal amenities (accessible by lift) and close to the North Terminal shuttle link. Staff were always friendly and the rooms were quiet and well equipped for overnight stays as intended.

The cabins were definitely compact but I felt well designed considering the space. I am a slim 6ft, and my partner is 5ft 8. We had two hand luggage bags and one hold bag and admittedly it was a bit of a squeeze, but we did only order a single room. Bed was perfectly comfortable for us though and the shower was also excellent. Extra towels and bits are available if you ask.

As with any hotel, I would recommend booking in advance for a better price. We paid about £52 in January for 6 hours. It seemed quite popular so I would recommend booking at least a week in advance.

Overall, we had a lovely experience and the Yotel made a very positive impression on us. We would definitely recommend it to people that don't mind the compact cabins. (There are larger ones if required) Almost certainly beats lying on an airport seat for 6 hours.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great for staying overnight after a flight or for an early morning flight, easy check in check out, complimentary tea coffee nice clean cabins. The standard cabin is very compact, initially when you walk in can feel a little claustrophobic but you soon get used to it and if its only for a few hours its fine. Although in South Terminal with the shuttle to the North five mins away can be used for either North or South Terminal easily

Room Tip: If staying more than 8 hours book a premium cabin
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stopped overnight at gatwick as had an early flight. Just a few minutes walk from the train station to the yotel and then a few minutes to departures the next morning.

The pod was clean and they are happy to lend you hair dryers. The bed is accessible via a flip down step and not easy to negotiate if you have mobility problems. The pod is small but I really enjoyed the feeling of being cocooned. At the end of the day the bed is co for table, there's a toilet and a really great shower. If all you're doing is resting or cleaning up a large room is pointless anyway. I feel that the convenience of the location is far more important.

Overnight stops are cheaper as yotel is mor sheared towards people who want/need a resting area between layovers. Personally I think they are an excellent idea and would highly recommend them to anyone who isn't claustrophobic. The pod was 7x10 foot which is the size of a small bedroom. There is a small amount of noise from outside but it was minimal and no more than I would expect from a Travelodge or other hotel.

Excellent value for money and saved me no end of hassle and worry about getting to and from a hotel from the train station and back to the airport the following morning.