“5 times happy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“5 times happy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Whenever I have an early morning flight out of Gatwick I am staying at Yotel. This must have been my fifth time and I am really loving it. The staff is excellent (I even got my lost mobile phone back which I had accidentally left behind a few days before). The rooms are cosy and equipped with everything you need, anything else can be requested on arrival from the FO desk, for example alarm clocks, hair dryers etc...The free coffee to go is an added value. Perhaps they could include sandwiches in the price as well for future; just a thought.
I am already looking forward to my next stay with you.
Keep up the great job!

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan B
YotelHQ, Sales & Marketing Executive at YOTEL London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments.

Sounds like our concept and location (inside the South terminal at Gatwick) is a perfect solution for you when traveling, staying at YOTEL the night before an early flight does take away the hassle of a bus or taxi ride from hotel/home to the airport in the morning.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future either at Gatwick or one of our other airport locations, at London Heathrow and Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.

Thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I had a 5-hour middle-of-the-night layover at Gatwick. I saw Yotel recommended on TripAdvisor and although I thought it was a bit pricy for 5 hours (converting BPS to USD...), the convenience won me over. Although, we found it a bit difficult to find due to our never having been to Gatwick and the directions on the printout a bit unclear, we finally found someone to ask and made our way downstairs. Check in was easy and they even let us look at a larger room to determine if we wanted an upgrade (I asked). But, we decided to stick with the single room. It was small, but organized really well. The bed was wide enough to accommodate my husband and I comfortably for a 5 hour nap. Like many have mentioned, the entire bath area is all glass and not all the way to the ceiling which is a bit uncomfortable at times...The heating system worked really well and I liked that I could adjust it from the bed. And the hotel was very quiet! Overall, I would stay at a Yotel again. We thought it was a great concept!

Room Tip: If you are arriving from the National Express bus drop-off, enter the building and go up to the main...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel S
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We resently stayed at the Yotel Gatwick Airport because we had an early flight and didnt want to have to get up at a silly hour to get to the airport. We have stayed there before for the same reasons and it felt like our holiday had started a day earlier :-)
The staff are wonderful and the rooms clean, tidy and modern. The only things to mark it down is that you have to ask at the check in desk if you can have the hairdryer (which I didnt have time to do in the morning), if you are given a room close to the check in desk you might find it hard to fall asleep with the chatting of people checking in and finally the air con in the rooms can be noisy but thankfully it can be stopped by rotating the circle on the ceiling to close the vent. Apart from those little problems we were very pleased with the hotel.
We will be staying there again in the near future :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

En route from a night flight from North America to other points in Europe, this was the perfect spot for a very comfortavle and restful snooze, a shower - a refreshing stop. The access from arrivals was ideal, reception fast and understanding, wifi fast and easy. My husband and I stayed in a double with shower. As a first time visitor the only challenges we faced were the fact that with a large and a small suitcase each plus winter clothes moving around in the pod was a sirmointable logistic challenge. The controls by the bed were not as straightforward as they seemed, but perhaps we were too tired to quickly comprehend. I recommend booking in advance! For our departure to N. America their rooms were already booked and I suspect with the high number of flights in Gatwick it may not always be possible to get a room at the time you wish. As a very frequent traveller I shall certainly make use of Yotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laimdota
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, sounds like our concept and location was a perfect solution for your stopover at Gatwick.

For future reference, in the Premium cabin we have extra luggage storage underneath the bed where you can place all larger pieces of baggage away during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future either to one of our airport locations or if you get the chance to our first ever city centre hotel in New York!

Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Right outside south term arrivals
Quite, clean, comfortable and great money for value
If you connecting or too tired to drive or have an early flight this is definitely the answer and you have free wifi and tv as well with en suite shower room!!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Amla2012
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great when catching an early flight or late arrival, situated in the arrivals hall, 1 minute walk to Departures and the train station. Very comfortable cabin, good towels and crisp white sheets, invigorating shower to wake you up before onwards travel. Free wifi

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Antibes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

The perfect get your head down stopover. compact clean pracical and affordable. Perfect location wake up and check in in minutes with the peace of nind of being late travelling to the airport. I would invest in this concept

Room Tip: book early often there are promotions
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family