3,438 results
All reviews south terminal corner room an early flight breakfast was included hot breakfast gatwick airport sofa bed bag drop next morning free wifi walk in shower terminal building short walk covered walkway good size an overnight stay self service
Reviewed May 26, 2018

Hotel was connected to EasyJet check in at North terminal, very convenient for our 6am flight. Complimentary breakfast started at 4am, which also worked in our favor for the early flight. Clean and very spacious room!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Monicafaye07
Nicole R, Guest Relations at Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Dear Monica,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay at the hotel - I have shared this feedback with the team and it was pleasing to read that you had a great experience.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I had to catch a flight the next morning so I figured staying at this hotel rather than one of the 'surrounding' hotels would be my best bet. What I didn't realise was that this hotel was literally a 20 second walk from the hotel's reception to the check-in counters (Easyjet and Westjet at least).

The hotel room was far superior to "London's" usual 3-star offering in terms of size and cleanliness. The decor didn't look dated and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a room that would be more suited to the 4-star places I've been to. Noise wasn't an issue although I suppose your experience may vary depending on where you are located.

Internet was included and wasn't rubbish (i.e. speeds were decent) so that's a plus point. All the other usuals were present - tea, coffee, kettle, hairdryer, ironing board etc. so no complaints there.

I didn't see an option for room service but that was probably for the better. The bar/restaurant downstairs is ok for breakfast (continental, full english and cereal options served buffet style) but the lunch/dinner menu were sub-par. In hindsight, I wish I knew that there were a couple more food options on the floor above in the airport terminal. The price would have been the same so don't expect a bargain but the quality of the offering was superior in the terminal.

Staff were very friendly and attentive and the check-in and check-out procedures were painless so that was good. If you arrive before the check-in time of 3pm please note that they have nowhere to store luggage so you'll have to pay a little surcharge to check-in earlier.

For early morning Gatwick flights this hotel is great. I'd also recommend it if you have a long(ish) stopover at Gatwick and you don't have access to one of the lounges. Having a room to nap in and freshen up between flights takes away some of the tediousness of travelling. I would say that for the price, it's a far better option than the other hotels 'close to' the airport that would require a taxi or shuttlebus to drop you off.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank MR-12312157

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay at the hotel - I have shared this feedback with the team and it was pleasing to read that you had a great overall experience. Unfortunately we do not offer room service as we are a limited service hotel.

My sincerest apologies that you were disappointed with our restaurant and I have shared your feedback with our Food and Beverage Manager to make the necessary improvements.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Good hotel, seems quite new, all the usual amenities, friendly efficient staff. Room very clean and tidy. Didn't park as I used the train.
Perfect for Easy Jet early morning flight.
Found a great local pub a short walk away, Ye Olde Six Bells.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank LoBommer

Dear Guest,

Reviewed May 24, 2018

Thanks to the discount offered when booking, the hotel was excellent for our purposes. Signing to get there needs to be massively improved, as it is easy to miss the access road. Signage also needs to be much clearer about the cost of using the car park. Many visitors like me, stopped at the barrier, reversed and then went back to a quiet spot to ring the hotel to ask if we really had to pay £6 to park and unload, The answer is you don't, you get 15 mins to get in and check in and then go and park your car in the Gatwick car park. You get a voucher at reception.
Hotel very clean, rooms excellent and free buffer brekkie, small but adequate

3  Thank Colin G

Dear Colin,

Thank you for choosing Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at our Hotel.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. we have shared your feedback with the Operations Manager who in turn will address this matter.

We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to provide a better experience in the future.

I hope you will give us a chance by staying with us again to show.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

Situated within the terminal besides the Easyjet check in counters, easy to find and pleasant to walk into.
I arrived after ten pm there were no queue and lots of desk staff,so quickly had my room key.
A few drinks in the bar and the evenings dpecial from the kitchen set me up for an excellent nights sleep in a comfortable bed.
A free comprehensive breakfast helped start the day perfectly.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Norman B
Nicole R, Guest Relations at Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2018

Dear Norman,