Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed one night in December before catching a flight and didn't expect a lot as we had been given a really good deal at £19 per room. We were delighted as the rooms were brilliant (perhaps a little noisey early morning with other people coming and going) We enjoyed an excellent meal at the pub next door which had a good menu.
I would definately stay again and would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gwen m
Claudio M, General Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us in December.

I am pleased to hear that although you did not expect a lot as you had got a really good deal at £19 per room we exceeded your expectations and you found your room brilliant.

I am sorry to hear that the noise in the morning was too loud and I hope that this does not prevent you from staying with us again.

I will pass on your comments to the restaurant manager about the lovely food and service you received.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,566)

Reviewed January 29, 2013

If possible when using this hotel try and find a taxi service other than the one provided at Gatwick Airport as they are very expensive. There is some noise from people using the corridors so if your a light sleeper suggest using ear plugs. Otherwise a very comfortable and competitively priced stay. Breakfast,(£8.50 each) excellent choice and quality.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Phillip P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Gatwick Airport South.

I am sorry to hear that you had some minor noise issues during your stay and I hope that this will not put you off staying with us again.

I am glad to hear you found your room to be comfortable and well priced.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here in January before an early morning flight. We booked 3 months in advance and got a cheap room for just, which was a bargain. The room was clean and a good size with a decent TV. The bed was large and comfortable. Overall great value for money, the only downside was we had to go across to the pub to get dinner (however were able to get this to takeaway and bring back to our room).

1  Thank Sarah A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be clean, a good size with a decent TV and the bed was large and comfortable.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with.

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight before flying to Jamaica. Fantastic evenhng meal, the luxurious, hottest bath ever. Excellent front of house staff and staff in the resturant. Breakfast was plentiful and nourishing. Only downside was the shuttle bus going to the airport taking 30mins as it goes around picking up other passengers from other hotels. Brillant value for money will definately bonk with Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank sexymc

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your night here before your holiday and and you found the most luxurious, hottest bath ever and an Excellent front of house team.

I will pass your comments about dinner and breakfast to the retaurant manager so he can commend his team.

I am sorry about the length of time it currently takes for the bus shuttle to get to the airport. We do offer a taxi ordering service which is quite reasonably priced and only takes 10 minutes and I do hope this may be of use to you on your next visit.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next holiday.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stopped off at Premier Inn on the night before we flew off on holiday. It was a horrible journey to get there, with the snow falling heavily from home to Gatwick. When we got there the staff were so friendly and it really was an excellent welcome and service. Checkout was equally as good. Well done to all three members of staff we met that night/morning. A surprise as we'd never used Premier Inn before but we will use them all the time now.

1  Thank LadyEdiSpencer

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing a review of your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult journey getting here before your holiday, but I am glad that once you arrived,You were welcomed and made to feel comfortable by the whole Team.

We do hope you enjoyed your holiday and hope to welcome you here again on your next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My review from last summer some how got lost. I had traveled to England to persue my training with Virtual Aviation on the Airbus flight simulator. The company suggested this area as well as this hotel. This place is just like steping into a fairy tail. The acomidations where awesome and I had a bonus, a Czech speaking receptionist. Since I did not know the area very well I had to relly on the always smiling help. My wakeup calls came on time, I got help to see local and distant attractions within the area. The help I got was above and beyond what I expected. The restaurant food was a little pricey but excellent as was the staff. The breakfast got me threw each day of training. I was without a vehicle there so it was great that everyting to include the Oxford Academy was within walking distance. The only complaint and advice I give is to make sure that you know which "Premier Inn" you are going to as there are several in the area, it took two tries via Taxi to find the right one. I am looking to complete my training later on this year and I look forward to visiting this manor again. Excellent!!!

Room Tip: Any room is great, the building is old but that is what made it great vs the more modern looking hot...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found everything that you needed within walking distance of the hotel.

I am pleased that you found the team here to be proffessional, helpful, friendly, welcoming and that you are already planning to stay here again when you come to complete your training later this year..

The team and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel, in the snow, before flying off to Iceland (where there was no snow!), however we didn't use the parking facility as we had already booked a meet and greet service (Maple Manor - excellent service, best we've tried0 The decision to stay near the airport was a late one prompted by the snow.
We found some of the friendliest staff here and well up to the normal Premier standard. We only had two complaints
1) they were a bit tardy getting the rock salt onto the path to the restaurant which was very slippery
2) They have the most ridiculous sleeping policemen on the road into the parking area - I am sure they would not be legal on a public road. Fortunately we were in our saloon car and not the MG which would almost certainly have grounded on the way in.

Room Tip: Top floor as far from the lifts as possible (No noise from above and no late night revellers passing...