Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed here overnight on 15th November to break a long journey. Very welcoming and friendly staff. The room had been refurbished and was very well-equipped, the bed was comfortable and extra glazing meant that the road noise was minimal.
The all-you-can eat breakfast was very tasty.
All-in-all an enjoyable stay, would visit again

1  Thank Chris R
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that the Team were so friendly and welcoming, the room very well equipped and quiet and the All-You-Can-Eat Breakfast, very tasty.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is one of my favourite premier inns (actually it's my favourite but don't tell them lol) it was my third stay here. All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful
I arrived to a friendly welcome and a swift painless check in and was in my room in less than 3 minutes
The rooms have all been refurbished and I have to say they are excellent, very modern with large flat screen samsung tv with HD free-view channels, the lighting has been changed which brightens the room up and a modern look bathroom.
I had a very pleasant meal in the "thyme" restaurant, the meal deal in very good value, starter, main, pint of beer and full breakfast for £22, I couldn't fault the food or service (actually my only criticism is that English mustard should be Coleman's not Heinz lol)
Thanks for another excellent stay and look forward to returning again soon

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am so pleased to hear how impressed you are with our refurbished rooms and swift, painless check in. It is also good to hear that you had such a pleasant meal in our Thyme Restaurant; the Meal Deal is excellent value for money.

I am sure the Team will still be extremely helpful and friendly on your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 22, 2013

First thing to say is that the staff make this place. Everybody really happy which helps to make a pleasurable experience.
Stayed for 2 nights very peaceful sleep, good clean rooms.
Restaurant food good, a tad on the expensive side but perfectly acceptable.
I think you actually get more than you pay for.
Well done to all.

Room Tip: Back of hotel away from main a23
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisBushell
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that you had such a pleasurable experience during your stay with us. I have a great Team here who I know are huge asset to the hotel. I’m glad to hear that you had a very peaceful couple of nights sleep.

I note that you felt food was a tad expensive however the Meal Deal in our Thyme Restaurant is very good value for money, £22.99 for three courses and a drink, plus breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times before flying from gatwick airport. Rooms have been refurbished and are good, staff very friendly, very convenient location, Free parking, great value for money. Would use again and again in the future........

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased you like our refurbished rooms and find the Team to be very friendly.
The hotel is in a convenient location being located on the A23, near Gatwick airport, main line stations and M23. Free car parking always adds to the great value for money.

Thank you again for reviewing the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back again and again, in the future.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have stayed in all the Premier Inns around Gatwick Airport. They are all very good but this is one is my favourite. Mark and the team are welcoming, friendly and attentive and the Thyme restaurant is particularly attractive. Perhaps because they are not as large as some of the others in the area, this Premier Inn and its restaurant have the feel of a small country hotel rather than one of a national chain. The bedrooms here have recently been refurbished to a high standard but Ian, the Operations Manager, might like to note that the new furniture is not as practical as the older kind. In the older kind, there were a few shelves at a convenient level for storing your clothes, a shelf for the kettle, cups and glasses and even a shelf at lower level for storing your suitcase. This new design has a drawer at floor level (fine for a two-year old), a shelf at high-level (fine for a very tall person) and a clothes-hanging space, both the latter accessed from the side rather than conventionally and more practically from the front. This arrangement does not work well and might have been designed by someone who has never stayed in a hotel room. These comments notwithstanding, this is a Premier Inn par excellence.

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

Thank you on behalf of Mark and the whole Team, who I know all work hard at making everyone’s stay as pleasant as possible. It is great to hear that you found them to be welcoming, friendly, and attentive and that the hotel has the feel of a country hotel.

Your comments about the refurbished rooms are duly noted. I have passed them on to the relevant people at Head Office. The specifications for bedrooms at Premier Inn are constantly being reviewed and updated.

Thank you again for your kind comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room I had had been recently refurbished, good size well equipped room with a large tv on the wall, sockets to plug in mp3 players and an hdmi input too.
The bathroom had a great shower, the only downside was a very noisy extractor fan when the light was on.
I had a great nights sleep, there was very little ambient niose as I was at the back of the hotel, the doors closed quietly too.
Breakfast was fresly cooked to order, I ate in the restaurant on the night I arrived too and the food was delicious, Mark was very attentive.
I would recommend this hotel very highly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Phil B
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you again for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased you had a great nights sleep and found your room to be good size and well equipped with a large TV and great shower. All our rooms are now refurbished; this includes the door locks and closing mechanism, making for a much quieter closing action.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed a delicious evening meal and breakfast in our Thyme Restaurant and that Mark and the Team were so attentive during your stay with us.

Thank you again for reviewing the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 10, 2013

As a single father with two smallish children and as someone who also travels on his own professionally I have been to quite a few 'affordable' travel inns and hotels. There are not many I would give a high score to for service and quality but this particular Premier Inn I would happily give a resounding 11 out of 10 to! We have been here a couple of times and will definatly 'stay here again' in the very near future. My kids were so happy staying here that they forgot to fall out with each other(as siblings do!) and instead had a great time! Although the hotel is on a main road,which can be busy during rush hour, the triple glazing makes the rooms very quiet and warm. It also backs on the wonderful Goffs PArk and is surrounded by country and trees. We were here during the recent severe storm and it was still warm, quiet and comfortable! The staff here are a real treasure to the company and customers alike. The manager has a brilliant team and needs to be warned that I just might try and poach them to work for me! :) Our rooms have always been excellent and extremly comfortable and quiet. The housekeeping is extremly good, the reception staff are wonderful and the bar and restaurant staff are outstanding! I would like to name them all (but unfortunatly there is not room on the page) to say a big 'thank you' from my family for our times spent here. I will how ever mention by name Mark (restaurant manager) Matt and Clair who have been exceptionally good not only with us but from what we have seen all the customers. My daughter has a lactose intolerance and the staff always made sure we had Soya milk on hand for her. Eating in a restaurant is often stressfull for most parents but the staff have made sure we were all happy and had a relaxing and enjoyable time. The standard here is consistant as many regular guests have told me. The location is also good for trips into London (Crawley station and direct trains to London are not far away) and for weekend explorations of Tilgate Park and the lovely country side around.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Don Loren H

Thank you again for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

It is wonderful to hear that you rate the hotel as 11 out of 10!!! The triple glazed windows certainly proved their worth during the recent bad weather and the rooms are extremely comfortable and our housekeeping Team do an excellent job. The reception Team are wonderful and restaurant Team are outstanding. Mark was pleased to read that you have promoted him to restaurant manager and it is great that you mention Matt and Clare. The whole Team work hard to give the hotel a “family feel” and try to make family meal times a relaxing time for adults and children alike. Your high praise is a great encouragement to us all.

The hotel is a great location to explore the surrounding area and take day trips to London.

Thank you again for reviewing the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in December.

Kind Regards