“Friendly and helpful staff”

Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This branch is currently going through refurbishment. The room we stayed in was yet to be updated.
It was a disable room so everything was at a lower level which was fine. The room and the bathroom were clean. Though the mattress on the right hand side of the bed seemed to more worn and offered less support.
Although the bathroom was clean, it has a stale toilet smell and the extractor fan was very loud. Hope all these issues will be sorted out under refurbishment.
Our sleep was disrupted by kids running and screaming in the corridor, the parent was shouting after their kids.
We made a complaint to the duty manger Maria, who was very friendly, helpful and offered a full refund without quibble. She was very efficient and professional in dealing with the complaint.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank goldeneye2
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

You will be pleased to learn that our refurbishment is nearly completed and we are only using those rooms that are refurbished. I am sure you will love the new look, new beds and new bathrooms.

I am sorry that some guests disturbed you during your stay but I am pleased Maria dealt with your complaint in a friendly, professional way.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel

Reviewed September 3, 2013

So after a long day traveling this couldn't of been a better hotel to choose. The beds are the best that I've experienced in any hotel in the world!!!!!!!! Check in was nice and quick with the computer, breakfast again the best!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Tom P

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am delighted that you find our beds the best in the world, the check in process so quick and breakfast to be the best.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

yet another welcome visit to this premier inn kara receptionist was very bubbly and freindly on our arrival we where put into one of their newley refurbed rooms which was very nice and comfortable all new itemis in room with nice back lighting to rear of bed new tv and bathroom equipment breakfast was good and all staff on bar and restaruant where also very freindly inc night porter steve would still recommend a visit

Room Tip: if you don't want road noise ask for rear room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jessica7161
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West.

It is great to hear that you were so impressed with our refurbished bedrooms and bathrooms.

Thank you for your kind words about Kara, Steve and the Team for good, friendly service you received during your stay with us.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is a convenient overnight stay for access to gatwick Airport. I stayed here on three separate nights over the course of five weeks in July/August.

On the first night, the weather was very hot which made the room very uncomfortable. Despite the standard Premier Inn documentation in the room about adjusting the air-conditioning, this hotel does not have a/c! A free-standing electric fan had been placed in the room but it was inadequate. I was unable to sleep well due to the heat - but Premier Inn has a Good Nights Sleep Guarantee. I claimed the full refund under the guarantee, so that night's stay was free. The guarantee turned a negative to a positive - it is harder to complain about the lack of sleep when it was a free stay.

By the time I returned for the second and third nights, the weather had cooled so the room temperature was fine. The three rooms that I stayed in were all very clean and tidy.

The all-you-can-eat breakfast is nice (with food options to suit a vegetarian) although I found service in the restaurant to be a little slow.

Front desk staff were very helpful, particularly Chris (female).

The location of the hotel is best suited to those travelling by car, as it is a fair walk to get to the town (about 15 minutes across Gossops Green). Taxi fares from the hotel to Gatwick North are 9 pounds (the airport taxi service charges 15 pounds for the same journey), so taxi costs should be considered when comparing hotel rates.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Craig M

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that you found your rooms to be very clean and tidy during your recent stays with us. I am sure you will be impressed with our refurbished rooms on your next visit. The taxi company the hotel uses is very competitive, cards available from reception, for return trips from the airport.

The all you can eat breakfast in our Thyme Restaurant is nice and good value for money.

I shall pass your kind words on to Chris and the Team.

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on way back from legoland hotel with my nine year old twins on way to shorham air show and the room was clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful and friendly infact the best customer service I've ever received in a hotel. The food is fantastic we had evening meal and breakfast would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank clare4204

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West.

I am delighted to hear that the Team provided the best customer service you have ever received in a hotel. I know they work hard to provide excellent customer service but it is so nice to hear it. I shall pass your kind words on to them. It is great to know that your evening meal and breakfast in our Thyme Restaurant were fantastic to.

I hope you all had a wonderful time at Legoland and Shoreham Air Show.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed here on a visit to see my daughter in crawley. One of the best premier inns we have stayed in very friendly and helpful staff. Although it was hot in the room as we was in middle of the hot weather we was having there was a fan in the room for us to use. Rooms were due to be updated but the room was adeqaute for a overnight stay infact cannot fault the room at all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank june40

Thank you for reviewing Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West.

I am so pleased that you found us to be one of the best Premier Inns’ you have stayed in and that the Team were so friendly and helpful. The refurbishment of our rooms has commenced with the first 20 now in use.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit your daughter.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Arrived at the hotel to signs saying that it was in the middle of refurbishments. However, we were lucky and had a room away from any disruption. Check in friendly and hassle free. Room ok, nice flat screen television and good size bathroom, but needing a little refreshment, which it will no doubt be getting soon. Temperature control did not seem to be working, but there was a fan supplied which helped. I found the bed a little hard but my partner was happy with it - can't please everyone! Breakfast supplies plentiful and hot items cooked to order quickly. Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
CrawleyEast, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn Crawley Town West.

I am pleased that you had a good stay with a friendly and hassle free check in. I am glad you found the breakfast supplies to be plentiful and hot items cooked quickly in our Thyme Restaurant.

All our rooms are receiving a complete overhaul, carpets, beds, bathrooms, lighting, televisions etc so on your next visit the rooms will look nice and refreshed.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Operation Manager