Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport East (Balcombe Road) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was the first time in a number of years that we had flown from Gatwick Airport so we wanted somewhere close to stay the night before. This Premier Inn was perfect. It has a huge free car park and a pub next door so that we could get an evening meal. Even though it is close to the airport we got a good night sleep. The rooms are comfortable, clean and have everything you need. The man on reception was very helpful and all in all for the price paid you cant fault it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LondonGatwick, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport East (Balcombe Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
We were pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and everything was to the standard you expect from a premier inn. The team here strive to ensure all guests have what they need to for their convenience.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

it was our first stay at a premier inn the staff were very polite and helpful the family room was a good size a comfortable nights sleep.We will definitely be using it again.The breakfast was of a good standard and plentiful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
LondonGatwick, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport East (Balcombe Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hote.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the Team to be so friendly. I hope you'll consider us again; everyone here certainly looks forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was a lone female so requested the text to give sat nav details. This too me to the wrong premier inn (there are 2 at gatwick). Having been denied check in at the first I travelled in the dark to the correct one without a post code. (The incorrect premier inn couldn't provide these details for me. When I finally arrived, stressed and harassed, I was unable to phone family to tell them I was safe as there was no signal. When I raised this, I was told to stand at the furthest point of the dark car park to get a signal. The room was then very minimally furnished and had very few useable plug sockets. I did complain and got my money back but after a terrible nights sleep, the refund was little consillation. If I wanted a cheap/free night I could have stayed at the airport terminal in more comfort. I wanted a clean, warm comfortable good nights sleep so I could be fully prepared for a business meeting the next day. This was not achieved and I feel directly impacted on poor productivity the next day

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Faye H
LondonGatwick, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport East (Balcombe Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I am sorry to read that you didn't have a very good stay with us due to the phone signal in our hotel. Where our hotel is situated, in a rural area our internet/ telephone signal can sometimes be very weak. I am aware that my reception team should have let you use our hotel telephone to make your call and that you should have not gone out into the car park to do this.

Once again I apologise for this and I know that under our Good Night Guarantee policy, we have refunded you for your stay.

If you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to call me on 01293 873026, the hotel telephone number.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Arrived at this hotel to stay the night as we had an early morning flight to Amsterdam. First of all I could get no internet or phone network in the room and had to go outside to phone my daughter and elderly mum. Went to bed at (pm as had to be up at 3.30am. In the room next to me was a child who no word of a lie ran backwards and forwards till well gone 11.30pm. All you could here was the thud thud. In the 2 rooms opposite they were obviously a group as they kept going in and out of each others rooms and slamming doors. We did not say anything as I didn't want to antagonise them and make them worse. I was just hoping that as we were staying at an airport hotel everyone else would be getting up for early flights !! when we checked out the receptionist asked us if we had a good night and I told him. without even doubting us he offered to refund the price of the room. That's why I am giving this hotel a very good rating. The room itself was the normal with a Premier inn

Dear Guest,

Thank You for posting a review on our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good night's sleep. Due to the location of the hotel, the internet/ telephone signal sometimes can be weak.
It is unfortunate that you encountered noise for most of the night, while with us. I am pleased that we offered the good night guarantee to you for this upset and you were happy with this on departure.

If you do stay with us again, please do call the hotel and the reception team would be happy to allocate you a room so this incident would not happy again to you and your family.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our first stay in a Premier Inn. Was a lovely little hotel with adjoining restraunt serving lovely well priced food. Clean room. Clean sheets. Good non lumpy bed. Very happy. Would recommend ::-) :-) :-)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
LondonGatwick, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport East (Balcombe Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank You very much for taking the time to review you stay in our hotel,

We are thrilled to hear you have enjoyed your stay, and would recommend staying with us!

We are hoping to welcome you in the nearest future!

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed for 1 night so we could get to Gatwick before the Big Storm hit. Had one of the worst nights sleep ever. Not because of storm but because a poorly maintained entrance door was banged all through the night by guests arriving and leaving, inconsiderate guests talking loudly on mobile phones right outside our window and letting their kids run about and shriek in the corridors and in the car park outside our room. The room and receptionist and location were fine but we got hardly any sleep all night. It was a nightmare. They did however honour their advertising promise and refunded the cost of our room .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It really matters to us that every guest have a good nights sleep, which we guarantee.
Your feedback is very much appreciated as we strive to improve standards and meet all our customers needs.

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us, we hope welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice hotel with friendly check in staff,not too big so wasn't busy. Finding the hotel was a bit of a to do as you have to come back on yourself and roads badly lit at night nearly bypassed it. Car park free with plenty of space's,pub/restaurant next door,slightly dated decor,food ok not fantastic but a great selection of wines and friendly staff. Room was very big for just the 2 of us,large kingsize bed with sofabed,clean and adequate although bath/shower rusty,needed modernising. No noise from other guests or from gatwick,would not have known you were by an airport. Wifi only free for 30 mins and mobile signal was poor from room had to make calls and send texts in car park which was very inconvenient. Overall a pleasant stay and would return again if need be.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Very nice to hear you have enjoyed your stay, and likened the size of the room and bed and the noise levels.
Unfortunately certain providers mobile signal is quite poor within the hotel, however guests are welcome to use the front desk line.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again, looking forward welcoming you in the nearest future!