“Excellent standard B&B”

Ranked #6 of 17 Crawley B&B and Inns
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Excellent standard B&B”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Small privately owned B&B guesthouse in walking distance of train station (if your luggage isn't too heavy!) and restaurants/shops etc. in Crawley centre.

Warm welcome by the owner. The rooms are fairly spacious and immaculate in décor and cleanliness. Fittings are of a high standard and befitting of a 4* hotel at least. The little extras such as hairdryer, tea & coffee with biscuits, bathroom toiletries etc. make this an excellent alternative to an overly priced Gatwick airport hotel if you need a night stop.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful with fresh fruit and great coffee, plus choice of breads, jams, cereals etc. etc.

My one very slight criticism was that my room was extremely hot (I stayed when the temp outside was about 28 degs!) and there is no air-con which wouldn't normally matter in Crawley - but due to the exceptional heat and the fact that I didn't feel comfortable opening the large window as I was on the ground floor I didn't actually get much sleep - in spite of the very comfortable bed.

Perhaps some fans could be made available at such times.

Over-all a really great place to stay and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you like fresh air whilst sleeping - ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
Wales
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Would I recommend to my best friend? Most certainly!
Could I find anything to complain about? Absolutely not!
What is my opinion of the hosts? Simply charming!
I will stay there again if I need to be at Gatwick. We booked a family room as my daughter was leaving for Canada the following morning. We arrived late and left early but were provided with a breakfast to go, which was very welcome. The premises were lovely and clean and the beds comfortable. Copper Beeches is a lovely old house which has been refurbished with love, and it shows! I wish you every success Brenda and Albert and hope to meet you again in the future.

Room Tip: I am sure that they are all excellent
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London
Reviewed July 31, 2013

If you're going to be flying cattle class from Gatwick and would like a little luxury before doing so then you could do a lot worse than booking a night at Copper Beech Guesthouse.

The room we stayed in was immaculate with an ensuite shower with great water pressure. The bed was a large super king size and very comfortable to sleep in. The linen was clean and soft however, our pillows had a rather musty smell, not sure why but that didn't detract from a good nights sleep. There is also free WIFI all over the house if you need.

Breakfast is continental in style so no full fry-up. Instead, you can pick from a large buffet of pastries, fruits, conrflakes, porridge, toast, jams and spreads etc washed down with some very good coffee.

The B&B itself is situated on a quiet road and we did not hear any noises from airplanes or neighbours etc whilst we were there. There are a few parking spaces out in the front of the house. Local restaurants are a short walk away and the owners can book tables etc for you in advance with a possible discount thrown in depending on where you wish to eat.

We were welcomed very warmly when we arrived and bid a friendly adieu when we left. Overall, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We found this place just excellent....totally confirm the other reviews. Crisp clean quiet room, delightful ensuite, wonderful spread for breakfast with every little detail attended to. Well done you two.....you can't go wrong if you continue as you have started!

Judith & Alan

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I needed a room very last minute and we booked this in a real hurry without looking into anything. We just needed a room for that night as we were flying the following morning. Customer service before we arrived was great and we exchanged a couple of phone calls to sort the booking out. We were given a superior executive room for £78 which had amongst other things, the COMFIEST bed I have ever slept in, beautiful furniture and a brand new bathroom with a lovely powerful shower. The service was absolutely impeccable we were made to feel like friends rather than guests. We were chatting and I mentioned that we had just driven down from Nottingham because I had graduated that day from university and Albert bought us a free bottle of bubbly!!! Breakfast on the go was also fantastic and really helped us out. I never write reviews whether good or bad but I just wanted to say thanks for such a wonderful and good value stay at the very last minute... I hope we will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Copper Beech Guest House on May 31st for one night before a flight out of Gatwick early the next morning. Brenda & Albert are the epitome of gracious hosts! I arrived late without stopping for dinner and they brought me a tray of fruit, biscuits, cheese, and sweets to have with my tea. I left very early the next morning but they got up and opened the breakfast room so I could eat before I headed to the airport.

I am a travel consultant in Canada and Brenda goes "above and beyond" to arrange transportation, tours, local attractions, and more for guests. I love working with her.

The guest house is new, the rooms are large, super clean and comfortable with a sitting area to relax with a tea, and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom in my room was small but more than adequate and modern.

The continental breakfast has lots of variety to choose from and the breakfast room is cheery.

I would definitely stay at the Copper Beech Guest House again and do recommend it to my clients.

Room Tip: There is no lift so if you have difficulty with stairs, ask for one of the two rooms on the ground f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Needed a room at short notice and came across Copperbeach B&B. Faultless booking and confirmation phone call within 1/2 hour. My room was exceptionally clean and tidy and well decorated. The shower room looked only a few months old. As I was leaving before the start of breakfast, a breakfast on the run bag was provided. Many thanks Brenda.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business