“Brilliant night's sleep ”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night before we flew out on our honeymoon in November 2013. We'd looked at other Gatwick hotels and decided to opt for Premier Inn as it was a reasonably priced hotel, had a nice clean, fresh image and provided a 'Sleep Park Fly' deal, which offered valet parking as well as a night in the hotel prior to flying. The deal was very reasonably priced, especially compared to the price of other nearby car parks.

Upon checking in, the staff were very welcoming and helpful, giving me information on where I should be parking and leaving my car and how to use the electronic check-in system; I was impressed by this as you could check in and the system generated your room cards without needing a member of staff to do anything!

Our room was as clean and fresh as the hotel image. The bathroom was spotless, the bed was incredibly comfy (especially after a 3.5hr journey!) and there were even two different sorts of pillows to choose from depending on your preference (soft or firm). Although we were at Gatwick Airport, the room was completely sound-proof and we didn't hear a single plane all night.

Premier Inn have really nailed it with this hotel, it's staff and the 'Sleep Park Fly' deal. We'll definitely be returning here when we fly again next year!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank _JBS-1312_

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We deicided to spend a night here as we had a 7am departure the next day and it meant we could check in our bags the night before and have a later start in the morning.

I did not have any major expectations other than a reasonably comfortable bed, but in fact the experience was very positive. Check in was quick and cheerful, the room was perfectly adequate, clean and quiet.

The real bonus was the restaurant and the public areas, including a costa coffee and a bar area, as well as an outdoor terrace. Food in the restaurant was top quality pub grub and the prices were not bad at all, cnsidering the location.

If you have an extended transit at Gatwick or a flight delay, I would even recommend popping over to the bar and restaurant as the quality and prices are much better than in the terminal and it is only a 5 minute walk away.

2  Thank Sloveniadave
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am delighted you had a great stay with us and was left pleasantly surprised. It is great to hear that you found the rooms to be clean, comfortable and quiet and check in cheerful.

I am also pleased you enjoyed a meal in our Thyme restaurant and found the food to be good quality and reasonably priced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

First class all round and having stayed at the Gatwick Hilton recently we had a good comparison. Room was comfortable and everything was in good condition. The staff were without exception pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. Check-in is computerised and could be a little challenging if tired but it's efficient and there are staff available to help. Have your credit card to hand before you start and be patient waiting for your key as its a little slow. Hope you find it as good as we did.

1  Thank Tiish

I am delighted you had a first class stay ands found the room to be comfortable and everything in good condition. I am also pleased you found the team to be pleasant and helpful and the breakfast excellent.
Their fantastics to hear we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over before early flight. . Spotless, roomy and great breakfast. . Came back in between flights for an evening meal. . Service a bit slow but well worth waiting on. Very child friendly. Will use again

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am so pleased you had a fantastic stay with us and found the room to be spotless and enjoyed dinner and breakfast in our Thyme restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We've stayed at this Premier Inn before ( and others around the UK ) and it's always been a good experience. However, we stayed again on 09/12/2013 and had a problem---we were in room 488 ( may have been 448, please excuse possible mistake, we were so tired after a stressful start to our day & 3 + hour journey from Bristol ). The mattress was rock-hard, the bed frame creaked and uncomfortable pillows not much better. We ate in the restaurant after putting our cases into easyJet's bag drop after 8p.m. We set the tv alarm for 05:00 to go and check in but had both not slept so alarm not necessary; we were just basically too tired to do anything but get on our flight. As I mentioned earlier, we have stayed quite a few times at various Premier Inns--we are booked to stay here again upon our return 23/01/2014, I just hope we can get a comfier bed this time. Apart from this gripe, everything else was ( as usual ) great-- clean, friendly and professional. Just a pity when we really needed a good night's sleep we didn't get it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have the good nights sleep we guarantee at Premier Inn due to the bed being uncomfortable and creaky.

I would like to speak to you further regarding this and have therefore sent you a private message.

I am however, pleased to hear you found the hotel to clean and the team friendly and professional.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport again and ensure you have the good nights sleep we guarantee.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Having stayed here previously and was very satisified with the hotel, I booked again in part due to the fact the restaurant opening times were until 11.00pm which meant that my wife and I would be able to have a meal as we were due in by 9.45pm. As our departure airport had been revamped and the restaurant changed to fast food outlets which do not cater for my wife's Coeliac Disease, this became more important to us. Imagine our sheer annoyance to arrive just after 10.30pm to fidn the restaurant closed. Despite it still showing 11pm on their web site and on their booking in receipt. The staff could not have cared less. It's 10.30pm close now was all we could get out of them.
The room itself was as one would expect. Next trip through Gatwick I will check other hotels for meals before booking. If you face a late arrival, I would suggest you check other hotels too if you wish to eat.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

I would firstly like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment caused by the restaurant closing early. In quieter periods we may close the restaurant early however we offer the full menu in the bar until 11pm on these occasions. However I am sorry to hear that the team were not helpful in advising you of the options still available.

Please be assured that your feedback is extremely important to us and will be passed onto the correct departmental manager.

I hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed overnight for early flight. First room was noisy with rattling fan. Took over an hour to get them to move me to another room. That at least was quiet and seemed clean but smelt damp and mouldy. No apologies offerred and no one responded to my letter of complaint. So much for their guarantee. Worthless.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am extremely disappointed to hear you did not have a great stay with us and did not enjoy the good nights sleep we guarantee at Premier Inn. I would also like to apologise for there being no response to your letter of complaint, please be assured that this was not on purpose and we response to all negative feedback we receive, I feel this may not have reached us.

I would however like to speak with you further regarding your feedback and have therefore sent you a private message. I hope to speak with you soon.