Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Good night's sleep”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overnighted for early a.m. flight. Worked perfectly. Comfy, quiet room - good sleep. Short walk to terminal. Did the job nicely. Competent and helpful staff. Would stay here again. (Didn't have breakfast.)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I would firstly like to apologise for the time response on posting a reply to your review. We have only just found that a few replies we have posted were rejected from the system and have only just been informed. We are going through every rejected review from beginning to end. Even though your stay with us was a few years ago I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am happy to hear you found your room comfy and quiet and that you were able to have a good nights sleep. I am pleased you found the location convenient for your travels. I am glad our team were competent and helpful. I am delighted that you would stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,291)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
ecosse
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Don't let the reception area put you off! It is the only bad feature of this excellent hotel, we stayed two nights here to break a journey at both ends,the hotel once you get into it is superb great rooms great service, great food ,reasonable prices in the restaurant and the bar and flawless friendly service what more can I say ,we will if possible always use Gatwick and this hotel in future

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel superb with great rooms, great service, and great food at reasonable prices. I am pleased you received a friendly service. I am delighted that you will stay with us again in the future.

Longcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Friday night. The hotel was terrible. We did not sleep a wink due to how hot the bedrooms were despite trying to turn down the heating the thermostat was not working. The public rooms were also hot and like being in a sauna.

This is a big hotel 800 rooms. Premier Inn have failed to build enough area to cope with a large amount of customers in the bar, lounge and restaurant. The staff were rude. Had to wait two hours for food. First told could eat a bar snack in the bar and then told we could not. Transferred to the restaurant, if you could call it that! The food has to be the worst food I have ever experienced in a UK hotel. I had gammon and chips. The gammon was soggy and tasteless, the chips under cooked. My son had a pizza, which was soggy and disgusting. My daughter had a beef minute steak, I do wonder if it was beef as it was plasticy and it was certainly not a normal steak cut. My wife had a beef burger and again the chips were undercooked.

This hotel has been built by Premier Inn to provide hot sauna like bedrooms, and they have forgotten about customer facilities. Avoid this is simply the worst airport hotel I have ever stayed at, and we were not offered there no sleep refund polict

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GeorgeP284
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Many thanks for your review. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please could you email your booking details to talktous@premierinn.com so we can investigate further. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location for our over night stay to catch an early morning flight..

Easy self check in, cleanliness and room was excellent..

Spacious rooms and also had heating along with extra pillows and digital tv

• Stayed February 2013
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2014

I am happy to hear the location of our hotel is excellent for your travels. I am pleased check in was easy. I am glad your room was clean and found your room to be excellent.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We booked three rooms for the night before our flight to Malta in February. We were travelling with children and had requested a cot in one of the rooms.

We checked in using the self service machines and found one of the rooms was on a completely different floor from the rest of the family. A member of staff quickly offered to try and rearrange us so we could all be on the same floor.

The requested cot was in the room and all rooms were clean and tidy. We only paid £59 total for 3 rooms (including credit card fee) and for the location this was brilliant value.

We will most definitely return for future trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear that your rooms were not on the same floor but glad we were able to resolve the problem. I am pleased that your room was clean and tidy. I am happy to hear the location of our hotel was convenient and thought your stay was brilliant value. I am delighted that you will return to stay with us again in future.

Basingstoke, UK
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The hotel is five minutes walk from the North Terminal. Decent rooms, staff and restaurant. For the price, what more could you want?

Nice layout at reception too with touch screen check-in instead of usual person behind a desk.

Room Tip: The restaurant offers a 'Meal Deal' (current price £22.99) for three courses and a drink. Is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stella_and_Bruno

I am pleased you found the location of our hotel convenient. I am glad to hear you found our rooms, staff and restaurant decent. I am also happy to hear you found the layout nice in reception.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

After managing to find the hotel (no signs if you use overrated valet parking) (PS its on the other side of the short stay car parks from the terminal , just to the left of the well signed sofitel). Check in terminal did not like me - so had to wait for a staff member. Lifts have a mind of thier own, frequently stopping going up for down and when full - (use of room card required and not well signed). Room is standard Premier as expected , nice and clean - good shower. Bar resturant was fairly busy as expected on a Saturday evening in half term but only one barman and a long wait for a drink or table. Once seated it took nearly two hours for dinner, service was very slow - although the resturant was not packed?
NB - I did get this room for only £29 in sale, so you can get the busy ones if you are quick!
PS - Flying Easyjet? - go across 2 hours before departure - the queues at Easyjet checkin were huge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

I would firstly like to apologise for the time response on posting a reply to your review. We have only just found that a few replies we have posted were rejected from the system and have only just been informed. We are going through every rejected review from beginning to end. Even though your stay with us was a few years ago.

I am sorry that you were unable to find us easily. The reason we don’t have any signs is because it is up to Gatwick Airport and they wont let us. I am sorry that you were unable to use the automated check in kiosks. I apologise for the lifts having a mind of their own. Since you stayed with us we have listened to guest feedback and have a member of staff to control the lifts from reception. We now also make sure all our check in staff tell guest about how to operate the lifts with the room card and along with a member of staff by the lifts showing our guests. I am happy to hear your room was nice and clean along with a good shower. I can now assure you that we have trained and hired more staff and service is much more quicker than before. However I do apologise that you experienced a slow service.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.