“Excellent Airport Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Vancouver
“Excellent Airport Hotel”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

A brand new Premier Inn in an outstanding location a stone's throw from the Gatwick North Terminal. Everything is spotless and comfortable for a short stay guest. Staff are obviously new and still very enthusiastic which enhances the overall experience. Rooms are compact but totally adequate. Unusually the lobby is located two levels above the street so first time visitors may be a bit surprised on arrival.

Some minor negatives. The high tech electronic check-in system is novel and not particularly user friendly. However hovering staff are there to help you through the experience.

The internal lift/elevator controls require you to swipe your key card in order to successfully select the non-public floors for your room, but there is no notice explaining this requirement. Also the floor numbering system is not consistent between the elevator controls and other hotel signage. As a result there are always a significant number of guests riding up and down the elevator with puzzled looks on their faces.

Reception staff are heavily promoting use of the restaurant with unrealistic suggestions that advance bookings are highly desirable. This promotion extends to having a restaurant hostess patrolling the lobby to reinforce the receptionists imaginative message "you really need to book a table to make sure you can get in". Marketing baloney but harmless!

Lastly the internet signal in our room (435) was so weak that my Iphone could not pick it up.... although my laptop did. Staff admit that they have wifi problems on the 9th floor but claim everything is OK elsewhere.

In case my comments give an overall negative impression, I should say that this place is basically excellent and is now my hotel of choice at Gatwick!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SerenityVancouver
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us despite a few minor issues. All of your feedback is greatly appreciated and taken on board. It is only through honest feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve.

We are aware of the issues with the wifi signal in some rooms and are working closely with our internet provider to improve this.

These issues put aside I am delighted that you found the hotel to be excellent and that you now consider us your hotel of choice at Gatwick.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn on your next flight out of Gatwick.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,278)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

this is a very new hotel at the airport and its very great value. No waiting to get to and from the hotel so no extra bus fares to pay.
The hotel staff are very friendly at reception also the restaurant staff. the room i had was very clean and tidy the bathroom was very clean. i had a very comfortable bed with a good nights sleep. its very well insulated i heard no noise from the airport. (only niggle not enough sugar in the room). the meal deal is very good value and found the dinner and breakfast good quality food. its worth booking in advance and get a better room rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us finding us to be great value for money and in good location of the Airport, saving any bus fares.

I am also happy to hear that you were pleased with the friendly staff you met in the reception and restaurant and enjoyed our great value meal deal in our Thyme restaurant.

I was also delighted to read that you had the great nights sleep that we guarantee in a clean and comfortable room, and encountered no noise from the airport.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again in the future.
los angeles
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I am a huge fan of the Premier Inn chain but this one was disappointing. The check-in was confused and seriously delayed by a 'paper-jam' in the computer. Finally getting to the room I attempted to set the wake-up alarm on the TV as advised by the check-in staff but this failed to work. Got a helpful but clearly inexperienced staff memeber to come to the room but she also failed to set the alarm. As I need to get up by 4.00am to catch a bus to Heathrow it was inperative that I got woken. In the end I arranged for a friend in the States to call me at the allotted hour. I found my way to the bar before retiring for the evening and was happy to see that the drink prices were reasonale althugh I made the mistake of oredering the Sausage and Mash which was awful! This hasn't dampened my enthusiasm for this excellent chain but I felt let down by this experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Quin_Holtzhuizen, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

It is great to hear that you are a fan of the Premier Inn chain, however I was very disappointed to hear that on this occasion the hotel did not meet your usual expectations and we let you down.

I am sorry to hear of the disappointment in your meal in the restaurant and the issues with the alarm call.

Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us and it is only through honest feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve our service.

I will be personally contacting you to discuss the matter further and hopefully restore your faith in our hotel.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Good room, good food, good service. They lost our return booking on the computer but dealt with it brilliantly. Azim served us, he was good, but so were all the staff. I have run out of things to say, but form insists on 200 characters minimum

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review.

I am delighted you had an excellent stay with us and found the room, service and food to be good.

I am sorry to hear there was an issue with your booking, but I am pleased it was dealt with brilliantly.

We look forward to welcoming you to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal again.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here after flying in to the airport at 10 p m. I would highly recommend the hotel. It's clean and comfortable with friendly helpful staff and situated just a very short walk from the North Terminal.

The breakfast is decent, reasonably priced and eaten in pleasant surroundings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HOPEFULLY_12

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us finding the hotel to be in great proximity of the airport, clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.

It is also great to hear you enjoyed our all you can eat buffet breakfast and im very pleased to read that you would recommend us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport again.
Clare Ireland
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night last weekend. Igot a fantastic deal for £19 for a twin room, hard to argue with that. Outside of the price this hotel has a lot to offer. It's a Premier Inn, just like all the rest but this place is less than a one minute walk from the airport. Perfect for an early flight. The staff were very nice and friendly. Iwould also recomend the breakfast buffet at £8, it's way better value than what you'll get in the airport.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stayw ith us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be in great proximity of the airport, being only a minutes walk to the terminal and its great to read that you were left impressed with the £19 sale rate.

I am delighted you enjoyed our all you can eat buffet breakfast in the Thyme restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I would like to start saying... Take this hotel without thinking twice!!!
One of the best hotel I ever been!!
Jade the receptionist was very friendly, welcoming and professional. She helped us through the check in and she give us all we asked for without any problem at all!
The hotel is brand new, clean, spacious well organised! Room are top class, better than other 4 or 5 stars airport hotels. Beds are very comfortable and soft! Choise of pillow, loads of tawel... Just can't stop! Plus they have a coffe bar open 24 hours, and an amazing restaurant with a Menu that offer a huge variety of food!
Right in front of the terminal!
Go for it
I will definitely come back and I will raccomand to all my friend and family!
Thank u premier inn for make my holiday start with the perfect mood!!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your 5* review on your stay with us at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport North Terminal and your fantastic feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you received such professional and friendly service from Jade. Your comments have been read and greatly appreciated. Feedback such as this is a great source of motivated for the team.

I am especially pleased that the rest of your stay was just as warm as the welcome, finding the room to be top class and comparing us to 4-5* hotels, is truly a great compliment.

I am very pleased we were able to start your holiday off on a great note, and look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends to the hotel in the future.