“A V O I D”

Jamie's Italian in Gatwick
Ranked #242 of 310 Restaurants in Crawley
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: JAMIE’S ITALIAN Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow, staff were so rude here and food took ages to come. Also asked if they sold any of the recipe books and their reply was to laugh and say I’ve no idea what your talking about....okkkkk. Won’t be coming back that’s for sure, such a shame

Date of visit: September 2019
SSP_Customer_Care, SSP Customer Care at Jamie's Italian in Gatwick, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi AlcazabaL,

You’re right, this is unacceptable. I can’t imagine how this may have happened.

I’m genuinely sorry this happened and l will speak to the management team at the restaurant to ensure it does not happen again.

SSP UK customer services team

Write a reviewReviews (90)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you buy quick food at Jamie's Italian (Gatwick North) don't even think about sitting at an empty table in the bar area...even if all the inadequate number of table in the quick food area are taken. Remember you're a second class customer and will be thrown out! Customer service of the lowest possible order. Buck up, Jamie.

Hi Bert9955,

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed during your recent visit. We will follow this up with the team, to ensure it does not happen again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We called in here for breakfast and were shocked at what was on offer. There were only two or three of us in the queue but service was so slow. I had a croissant with jam but when I asked for butter and a plate I was told they didn't have any, it was served in a paper bag. My husband's croissant with ham and cheese was warm but again no plate. We ordered two americano coffees but these were forgotten and I had to ask for them again. The staff were totally disorganised and the manager ignored everything as she was filling up the soya milk. Another man before me was also chasing for his coffee. Plenty of staff but no organisation.

Hi huntisc,

I was sorry to hear about your experience. We have followed up with the team on duty, as your product experience was not to specification.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were told there was a 20minute wait on food which wasn’t a problem. However it was 20
minutes before our order was even taken and the wait on food was definitely more than 20 minutes. When it arrived it was luke warm with the black pudding missing from the breakfast.
Very disappointing and not my first bad experience of Jamie’s Italian. I will definitely avoid from now on.

Hi j-skupinski,

We’re so sorry this happened. Let us make it up to you!

We have just dropped you a message.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We, a group of 6, have used Jamie’s on a number of occasions when travelling. Our recent experience was very poor with luke warm food, haphazard service and to add insult a fixed service charge that would not be removed as we designated a large group. We will look at other options the next time we travel

Hi TLPaul,