“Tasty Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and the staff are friendly. I'm not a great fan of Mexican food and enjoyed my Burrito. There was lots of chicken in it and the rice and peas were a nice touch. I think that £12 was a little dear for what I had though. More non spicy things on the menu please! I can't have spicy food and there wasn't any choice for me.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had never been to this chain of restaurants before as was pleased with the decor and atmosphere on a Tuesday evening.
I booked a party of 9 and they coped admirably when 11 turned up.

The best bit were the jugs of Margaritas which were very good value and the worse bit were the puddings.

None of us had starters so I cannot comment on that but we all cleared our plates with our main meals. I had chicken in BBQ sauce, which was OK but nothing special. A couple of orders cam e out wrong though and it was a struggle to ask for BBQ sauce on the side.

The desserts were a real let down. I had a banana burrito (It may have been called something else), but it was bland - you would never have guessed that it contained banana. It looked really unappealing - just like a poo on a plate wtih a small serving of ice cream and tasted of nothing - just a mouthful of mush.

Our waiter (from Madeira) was very sweet and accommodating and none of us complained as the Margaritas were very nice indeed :) hic!

It would take some persuading to get me to go back .

1  Thank tanzicat
Reviewed May 4, 2014

It was our first experience of Mexican food, and I'm sorry to say that 2 out of five of us were disappointed. The décor is different, the staff were very good and chatty, but the food left us underwhelmed. Perhaps we made the wrong choices. Sorry.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I went here a couple of weeks ago with my friend and we had the best time. The staff were really helpful recommending dishes and bent over backwards serving us cocktails that weren't even on the menu! Cannot recommend this place enough. Will be going again!

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We'd been meaning to visit since it opened last year but as parents getting a spare moment without the kids is tricky! Finally got the chance to visit this Saturday on a double date night with friends and so delighted to say that it didn't disappoint.

We were sat at the back of the restaurant in a lovely spot. Other reviews talk about experiencing poor service but ours was quite the opposite. Staff were attentive from the word go and nothing was too much trouble. We were served quickly and the gap between courses was perfect.

I had the nachos for starters and then steak fajitas for main. We shared some churros for pudding and all the courses were perfect! Portion sizes are generous and every one of our party loved their food. We paid £65 per couple which we found very reasonable. We had 3 courses each and a bottle of wine so can't complain!

We can't wait to go back!