“Great for a stay the night before a flight”

Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The room was an excellent size, breakfast was good (although not cheap). The service was some of the best I have experienced in a budget chain hotel. My only complaint is that the hotel was a hassle to get to. As previously stated, there are two hotels and the first one you see is not the one you have to go too. We went to the bigger one first and got some crappy directions to the other hotel. We wandered around and got trapped behind a fence, then got to a road that could not be crossed. The walkway we needed to take was surrounded in construction and sort of just looked like another piece of construction rubbish. We went back to the airport and the lady at the Premier Inn both gave us a map and some better directions on how to cross the road to get to the hotel. Bit of a pain after travelling all day. Also there is only instant coffee in the rooms. Otherwise we were satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leanna K
RebeccaGifford, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Premier Inn A23 Airport Way. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and that you received brilliant service.

I am sorry that you found it difficult to get to the hotel, there is a shuttle bus that operates from the North and South terminal every 20 minutes to ensure our guests can get to us swiftly and safely. I will ensure this is communicated to avoid any confusion in the future. I am, however, glad that you enjoyed our all you can eat buffet breakfast for £8.95.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn A23 Airport Way in the future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Good but had a problem with parking. Customer Survey is way too long! Would stay there again, staff very helpful. Shame about the parking ticket when I had already paid not nice when you get back from a long day trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn A23 Airport Way. I am delighted to hear that you would stay here again and that you found the staff helpful.

I am sorry to hear that you received a car parking ticket and I trust that this issue has now been resolved to a satisfactory outcome.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn A23 Airport Way.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed here one night before early morning flight.
Clean comfortable room would use this hotel again when flighing from Gatwick. Well worth the money. This is not the nearest Premier inn to Gatwick, most people make the mistake of going to the first Premier inn, the airport way hotel is behind the Shell garage.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynette P

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Premier Inn A23 Airport Way. I am pleased to hear that you found us great value for money. All of our best rates are available through www.premierinn.com. I am also glad to hear that your stay was clean and comfortable, a guaranteed.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This Premier Inn is convenient for Gatwick North Terminal but is not clearly signposted and the 4 minute walk involves crossing two quite busy roads. Ok for me but not suitable for older people or children. It is not the actual N Terminal Premier Inn which is another hotel and much more convenient. I won't use it again for the N Terminal. The computer didn't work and there was no way of printing anything (ie a boarding pass) even if it was working. The chair in the bedroom needed a proper clean but on the plus side the staff were pleasant and generally helpful....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank your for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn A23 Airport Way. I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to get to our hotel. There is a shuttle bus that operates from North and South terminal every twenty minutes to our hotel to ensure that our guests arrive safely. I would also like to apologies that on this occasion our business centre facility,which is equip with a printer,was not operational. Our reception desk is manned 24 hours a day and the reception team will be able to assist you with printing documentation.
I am,however, pleased to hear that you found the team friendly and helpful during your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the near future.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

It was the first time we'd used Premier Inn and it won't be the last. We had chosen to stay overnight after flying into Gatwick and leaving for our holiday the next day. The internet booking was fairly painless and we checked in on the Internet as well, which saved time. The staff were lovely - helpful, friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was spacious, clean, bright with TV and tea and coffee making facilities and the bed was very comfortable. For convenience, we ordered an all in 'meal deal' including breakfast, which was extremely good value and pretty good food as well. Fine dining it isn't, but it was unpretentious, good food, nicely presented and served by excellent staff in a very pleasant dining room. We've been in a lot worse places and paid a lot more money for a lot less appetizing fare than we had in Premier Inn. Oh, and the bar outside the restaurant is also very welcoming and comfortable, the drinks presented in the right glasses and at the right temperature (so important!) and the prices are surprisingly reasonable. We enjoyed the experience so much that we've decided to make it part of our holidays in future when flying from Gatwick. Thank you Premier Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night before an early flight to Edinburgh, the staff were very good especially the waitress who served us in the evening for our meal.
We booked the package with the evening meal and breakfast, very good value. Food was very good and the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. Had a lovely nights sleep before our trip. Stayed in the Hilton recently and it was very poor compared to the Premier Inn.
If I fly out of Gatwick again then its most likely the Premier Inn Airport way will get my business.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn A23 Airport Way. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found us good value for money. Thank you for your positive feedback about our front of house team and the quality of our food, I will ensure this is passed directly onto the teams.
I am very happy to hear that you will use us as your hotel of choice for your future journey's and I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn A23 Airport Way.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Recently stayed at the Premier Inn at Gatwick and was very pleased. I arrived at 21:00 and there were still enough staff around to assist with Check-in which helped get to the room quickly. The room was large and spotless. The bed was very comfortable and had two choices of pillows which is a good idea, which meant I slept very well. The bathroom was also spotless and modern.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn A23 Airport way. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay here with us & that you found our facilities clean and spacious.
I am glad that our choice of hard and soft pillows ensured that you got a brilliant nights sleep, as guaranteed.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn A23 Airport Way in the near future.