Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed February 6, 2013

First, make sure you go to the right Premier Inn - there is the new one right opposite the terminal and the 'old' one about 3 minutes drive away. We weren't the only ones to make this mistake!
Reception and restaurant staff were extremely courteous, attentive and obliging. One waiter even offered to make my husband a hot lemon and honey drink as he'd lost his voice! Excellent service.
The food in the restaurant could have been better, but we've had worse. Breakfast was better than dinner.
The room was spotlessly clean and the bed comfortable. Check the room thermostat before retiring - we found it much too warm for us and had to get up in the night to get it cooler. Unfortunately, the floor in the room above made a lot of creaking noises and the folk in that room made lots of journeys to and fro during the night. We had the same problem when we stayed in a different room the following week, on our return journey. This time, I mentioned it at reception as we left and I was offered a full refund, even though I wasn't making a formal complaint! They offer a good night's sleep or your money back policy. Great service.

Room Tip: Avoid a room next to the car park if you like sleeping with the window open.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank valLeicestershireUK
TimCostello, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport A23.

I am sorry to hear that you at first experienced some confusion between the 2 hotels.

I am however very pleased to hear that you found the reception and restaurant staff courteous and attentive, and that we offered an excellent service.

I am glad you found your room clean and comfortable, although I am sorry to hear that you experienced noise due to the floorboard, however I am glad our good night guarantee was operated on your next stay.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (3,619)

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We recently were 'posted' to this hotel by BA due to a flight cancellation (snow). The hotel itself was very pleasant and the proximity to the North terminal was really good (though not quite as close as the other Premier Inn which we went to first by mistake). The hotel was really busy, I'm sure that the flight cancellations had filled any empty rooms. However, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The receptionists were very pleasant indeed and the bar and restaurant staff were fantastic, in fairly hectic circumstances.
I hope to avoid cancelled flights in the future but if it does happen again, I hope that I encounter friendly people like the staff at this hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PortyJohn

I am very pleased to hear that you found the hotel pleasant and liked the location.

I am also glad that you found our reception team pleasant, and our restaurant and bar staff fantastic.

I hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have stayed in many premier inn and out of them all I can't fault. Certainly an example of how it should be done. Warmth of welcome from all of the staff. Food was excellent and cost including parking very good

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I am very pleased to hear that you had a good stay with us, and that you found the staff welcoming on your visit.

I am glad you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and found your stay good value for money.

I hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed overnight to be at the airport for an early flight. The room was excellent, very comfortable bed, excellent facilities, very clean and 30min free WiFi. We booked the breakfast & dinner package which was excellent value and very good food and received very friendly excellent service. Would stay again if travelling from Gatwick.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patgom15

I am very happy to hear that you found your room excellent with a comfy bed and liked our facilities.

I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our meal deal that we offer and found it good value.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed overnight to connect with a continuing flight. Decent and affordable bus service from Gatwick's North Terminal. Smooth and friendly check-in. Room was spacious and comfortable. 30 minutes free wifi with reasonably priced packages. Great breakfast with availability from 4am. All in all, a great overall experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

I am very happy to hear that you found check in smooth, and the staff friendly.

I’m glad you found your room spacious and comfortable and our wifi packages reasonably priced.

I hope tow welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

With 3 young children, we often find it difficult to find good value accommodation for the whole family. The premier inn family offers are brilliant. We have stayed in 4 other Premier Inn's whilst in the UK before, and they have all been good. The staff are always very friendly and helpful.
In this hotel we were disturbed in the middle of the night by a noisy family next door. This was not the hotels fault, so we felt awkward mentioning it to reception in the morning. However, Scott, who spoke to us, was very apologetic and later advised us that we could be refunded, due to the Good Night's Sleep guarantee. This was unexpected and really appreciated.
The breakfasts are a really good deal as well - great food, loads of choice and the kids eat free if you choose the premier breakfast.
We would definitely recommend the Premier Inn hotels, especially if you have children.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

I am very glad to hear that you found the staff here friendly and helpful.

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was disturbed, but however am very pleased that Scott offered you a refund under our good night guarantee.

I am pleased you enjoyed breakfast with us in the restaurant, and liked the choice of food we offer.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn because we had an early check in the next day for our flight. I had read how easy it was to walk to the terminal but still had some reservations that it might be a tricky walk. I need not have worried it is really easy and takes about four minutes from hotel entrance to departures entrance at North Terminal.

The hotel itself exceeded my expectations as the staff were really friendly and service was efficient. The room was comfortable and for the price was very good value for money. We will more than likely stay there again if we need another overnight stop at Gatwick.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple