Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Bristol
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I will keep this really short. Arrived early Lorraine and Tessa made sure I was made to feel at home whilst my room was made ready.

Food decent price and cooked to perfection. Justyna took very good care of us.

Room immaculate and better than expected.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Greek first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Because we had an early flight from Gatwick, we stayed at this hotel the evening before. We knew there was a bus from the airport to the hotel (3 pounds each; no shuttle) but it's about a 5-minute walk from the airport (plot this out by Google maps before you go or ask at the airport information desk). There is one tricky street crossing. We took EasyBus from London to Gatwick, printed our boarding passes at the airport for our next day's flight, and then walked to the hotel. Surprise! Dinner reservations were needed unless you ate in the bar (we did). The dinner was not memorable. Our room; however, was very large, quiet, and comfortable and the "included" breakfast was excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked this hotel as we have stayed at other Premier Inns and have found them to be excellent. Unfortunately, there was a long queue at check in and not enough staff so this took a long time.Although the room itself is lovely clean and spacious it is within an old building and for this reason we did not have a restful nights sleep as there was plenty of noise coming from the room directly above.
However, the breakfast is excellent with there being plenty of choices both hot and cold.The hotel is ideally located for the north terminal.
If we need to fly form Gatwick north again we would probably book this hotel again but request a top floor room or stay at the new Premier Inn across the road!

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Haute Savoie, france
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here with my two children on a Saturday night in November 2012. We got to Gatwick via train and took the G7 bus (which does stop at this hotel). This was good value, GBP 3 for myself and the children went free. We arrived at the hotel at midnight and had to leave again at 7.30 the next morning to catch our flight. The check-in was great, very friendly, helpful and efficient. We had a family room on the top floor as requested and it was very quiet and clean. I realised we weren't going to have time to finish eating breakfast (again great value as breakfast was free for the children) before leaving. I rushed upstairs to get our bags, leaving the children to eat quickly. When I came back the bus had arrived but the staff on duty had asked it to wait for us and the lady in charge of the restaurant that morning had packed up our remaining breakfast so that we could take it with us and eat it at the airport, including hot drinks in cups with lids. I was so relieved that she had reduced my stress levels significantly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stay here regularly when we are flying from gatwick and do the meal deals the food is excellent the rooms are comfortable and the location is great for flying from gatwick. The staff are mostly all great a little problem with the restaurant maitre d but was resolved quickly. Check in and out efficient and we also got tokens for a free shuttle to and from the airport including when we did the twilight check in the night before.

• Stayed November 2012
London
Reviewed November 16, 2012

After reading the various other reviews I have to say that I totally agree that Tessa is the star of the show at this Premier Inn site. She is very professional and nothing seems to be any problem for her. I did feel that although the place is good, that it does really need a bit of a refurbishment as it has started to look a bit dated and I guess that the newly built hotel across the road may well give them quite a bit of competition. I also thought the breakfast was absolutely fantastic, with an amazing choice of things to have, something for everyone and the staff were very attentive and helpful. The evening meal unfortunately did not measure up. I was very disappointed with the food, very bland and also I had my starter and had eaten it before my friend was served with hers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dazedconfused26
Portugal
Reviewed November 15, 2012

we chose this hotel from the reviews on here, the staff were superb, the rooms weren't noisy - surprising seeing how close it is to the airport plus it was bonfire weekend. We took the advice on here and walked to the north terminal, got slightly lost at first as it was dark but it is only a short walk, great value, would definitely recommend it.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blueval
Travelers also viewed these Crawley hotels
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport
Sofitel London Gatwick
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel? Share your experiences!