“Pleasing Premier”

Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasing Premier”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

Although it was a gloomy rainy Friday night on the 24th Jan 2014 with roadworks causing some disruption getting into the hotel the receptionist made me most welcome.

A very good introduction to the hotel. The receptionist was also very helpful in providing directions to a local cinema where a film I wanted to see was playing and next day to another hotel where I was to give a talk. So full marks to the receptionist.

The room was nothing out of the ordinary but it provided me with a comfortable bed and all the requirements I needed.at a good price.

The next morning passing through reception to go to the breakfast room it was nice to be greeted with a "Good Morning" by the same receptionist.

The breakfast was good and I left the hotel feeling contented and would certainly return to the hotel if I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at the Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town Goffs Park.

I am happy to hear that you felt welcomed by our friendly team and that you had a comfortable stay with us.

I have shared your comments with the team who are also very pleased to hear that you had a good, comfortable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Arguably there is a degree of sentimental attachment to this hotel in that many, many years ago we spent our wedding night here, so 4 stars may be on the generous side, but 3 would be unfair.

We have stayed here twice in recent months and strangely both times in room 206, a peculiarly shaped non-standard room above reception. Everything works as it should - the bathroom is large and functional but even in mid-winter trying to get the room temperature below 19C even with an open window proved beyond us.

The usual Premier Inn standards apply with Freeview TV, half an hour Wi-Fi, reasonable comfort and good cleanliness, tempered by the inevitable depressing colour scheme.

What shades the 4th star is the quality of the staff - the warm welcome, helpfulness and friendliness of them all, particularly the reception team.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about the Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town Goffs Park.

It is such a pleasure to hear that you choose to come back to stay with us and that you had spent your wedding night with us.

We are happy that you enjoy the service we provide and that you find our team to be warm and friendly. Thank you for recognising our team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Telford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Up to the usual premier inn standards but lots of rooms are in an annexe with no internal link to the main hotel. Not good if it is raining or very windy.
The main building could do with some overall maintenance and improvement.
The rooms are well equipped and have been updated but the overall appearance of the buildings externally is shabby.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about your stay at the Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town Goffs Park.

I am glad that you found our rooms to be well equipped but I am sorry that some aspects of our hotel did not meet with your expectations.

If you would like to stay again and would prefer a room in the main building, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01293 22 99 20 and we will be happy to do our best to meet your requirements.

Kind Regards

nottingham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I am disappointed before I get there, I thought that I had booked the London road premier inn which has a bus to the airport but on checking to give my daughter the address I find I have booked goffs park where there is no mention of transport to the airport. I have e.mailed customer services twice and just got a reply saying they would reply in five days and still no reply.oh well I hope the hotel is okay as I have booked for my whole family.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received a response to your recent enquiry.

Please feel free to contact us at the hotel direct on 01293 22 99 20 or alternatively you can email us on gatwickcrawleytowngoffspark.pi@premierinn.com.

We will be happy to answer/assist with any queries you may have.

We look forward to hearing from you.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Stayed one night in a family room with my daughter as attending swimming gala at K2. The location was great and the service was good too. The room were large enough and the beds very comfortable. Didn't eat at the hotel but went 5 mins away the leisure park where there was a lot of restaurants to choose from.

1 Thank Karen B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at the Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town Goffs Park.

It is good to hear that you were happy with your room and our service.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are visiting the area.

Louth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I've stayed and will be the last I'm afraid. The staff are very welcoming especially the young lad from SA. But then it goes downhill damp in the corner of the rooms not even the worse bit.

The first time I stayed there were a group Spanish staying in the upstairs room who until 2330 hrs and after 0630hrs bounced around to the point that I thought they were coming through the roof. But after a long drive and with another to come it was unwelcomed. Breakfast was just as bad one person cooking and one taking orders and 15 queuing to get in and more waiting for food it took an hour for a poached egg!

Last night however was the last straw I was fast asleep by midnight after enjoying a couple of films and not having to be up until 9 so a nice lie in....Not quite how it was though.

The walls in this hotel are Rizla paper thin so at 6 o'clock the guy upstairs SHOULD have been up I assume as his phone went off and continued to every 10 minutes for the next 3 hrs when I finally heard footsteps back and forward across the room so assume he went for a shower.

Then the unforgivable bit in between 8 and 8.10 alarms from upstairs a workman started drilling the firedoor directly outside my room 115 ( it should be 113 but they seem this as unlucky!!!! REALLY!!!). After 15 minutes drilling the guy finished the job. So I dozed back off exhausted by this stage after a couple more alarms at 8.50 another workman began clearing the leaves with a noisy blower outside my window.

So in summary the hotel is OK for gatwick but for sleep it's truly awful I'm afraid.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed at this hotel overnight when visiting my daughter in Crawley, Very comfortable and clean room, very efficient and friendly staff and good value for money. Not too far from Gatwick and very near Crawley town centre.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joanne H, Manager at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and good value for money. I am especially pleased that you found our team to be efficient and friendly.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to visit your family in the area.