“Good hotel, close to motorway link”

Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Collinee, France
“Good hotel, close to motorway link”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Gatwick Airport. We had originally booked two nights but extended to four nights due to a change of plan. Excellent location, very quiet, away from traffic noise, in a residential location. Excellent breakfast when cooked to order but the weekend buffet breakfast wasn't very hot. Refund given without any fuss. Understand a new system is being installed. Friendly staff and very helpful. Our sat nav found the hotel without any problem.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank Carole and Anth... H
Jemma F, trip advisor champion at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
hi, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, i am pleased you had a good time and hoep to see you again in premier inns the furture

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
wolverhampton
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The problem with setting consistently high standards, as Premier Inn do, then it's a bit obvious when you fail to achieve them. I regularly stay at P.I.s for business and they are ideal for what I want, but I'm afraid I was a bit disappointed here. The greeting was OK, but not as friendly or welcoming as you usually get. Room 209 was adequate, but small by P.I. standards. The TV had a limiter on the volume, which I agree with, but perhaps I'm going deaf as it seemed to be set very low! If I was working at the desk I struggled to hear the TV, which was behind me from there. However my biggest issue with the room was the noise. I worked out that 209 is roughly just above Reception / Office, which would be about right as there was constant door and generally banging around noises until late at night.
The restaurant attached was again adequate, but not as good as I'd expect. It all seemed a bit cheap cafe, i.e. 'note your table number and place order at the bar' rather than the friendly at the table service that you get with most Whitbread restaurants. The food was fine.
All in all, if you need somewhere economical to stay near Gatwick it's not bad, but it could be much better. If it's going to carry the P.I. brand it really needs to improve it's standards.

Room Tip: Avoid 209 - small and noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jemma F, trip advisor champion at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, i am sorry to hear that on this occasion we didnt meet your expecations, we take your feedback very importantly and shall look into making sure the staff are making your stay great from the moment you meet them at check in. We shall also be looking into the volume restriction to see if we can increase this slightly.
I hope this dosnt put you of staying at premier inn in the furture
Malham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel is in need of an upgrade, the room I had is very tatty.
There was a strange smell in the room, the carpets were dirty and as usual for Premier the door closers are not working.
The staff I met were very pleasant, the bar had a limited range of beers, why don`t Whitbread put decent beers in their hotels ?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jemma F, trip advisor chapion at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
hi, thank you for taking time to review our hotel, i am sorry to hear it wasnt up to the standard you would expect, we are working very closly with a team of maintance companys to get things back up to prmier inn standard and fix any of the little problemslike door closers.
I hope tis dosnt put you of using premier inns in the future
Spalding, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The SatNav address given led me to a nearby cul-de-sac rather than the hotel - so not a great start.
Room was small with a hint of a musty smell.The worst bit though was the fact that the noise of the TV's from the rooms either side was clearly audible on both nights and resulted in two poor nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jemma F, reception champion at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. Iam certainly disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.
I understand you found it difficult to find us with the sat nav code you were using, i know its rather confussing as we have two postcodes depending on what sat nav you use, we are working closly with the website designer to get this information displayed in a better place.
As for the noise from other guests television we now have in progress a "silnet night" program were we closly mointer all noise upon a evening and if needed act upon it to ensure all guests get a peaceful nights sleep.
Once again please accept my apologies and i do hope it wont put you of using premier inn again in the furture
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

£56 for a budget hotel is a rip off. Breakfast is not included and the room I stayed in was ridiculously hot. To make matters worse, in the morning I realised there was no cold water so I had to clean my teeth in hot water. It was also scalding to wash your hands in the hot water.

However, the service was excellent and the location is brilliant too - not far from Crawley town centre. I went clubbing on a Saturday night but was disappointed to see everywhere shutting at 1am...and it wasn't busy at all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thanks for your feedback.

Our pricing policy works in the same way as many airlines where prices are driven by market conditions at the time.

Although prices may increase at times of demand, they may also reduce on nights which are less busy.

We do have a Team who closely monitor all hotels to ensure they are competitively priced as we always try and give you the best value for money.

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Manchester UK
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The staff were very welcoming & helpful, after a long journey & experiencing the M25 / M23 at its worst.
Room tidy & clean, and I had 2 good nights sleep.
Bathroom was the same. No signs of moulds or other users, the staff have really made the difference.
Food menu was limited but the food was very good and the service was fast,
TV needed updating
If I was in the area again would I stay there: - Yes

Room Tip: Always ask if you are unsure. The staff at this hotel will make the difference.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rte0008
Jemma F, tripadvisor champion at Premier Inn Gatwick Crawley Town (Goff's Park) Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are very glad you had a great time and would use us again in the future
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night over this last weekend as I visited Crawley to watch the football, it's only 10 minutes or so walk from both the stadium & the town centre. It's set in a pleasent country area, seeming far far away from Gatwick airport..
The staff were very friendly & professional, and the room, while small, was attractive & clean.
Small touches like the choice of pillows is always nice, and a heater that's easy to use!
The only critisim I can make is that in my room (206) I could hear noise from the bar / restaurant below...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to comment and review our hotel, we are very pleased you were happy with the hotel and would love to see you again.
The mould in the bathroom grout is all due to be replaced soon hopefully making the experience an even better one if you were to return