“Stayed for four nights”

Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Stayed for four nights”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I was working in Crawley for a week so stayed here as it's great for the price and parking and breakfast are included. The staff are really friendly and I had a kitchen to cook my own food in etc. Breakfast was a choice of full English or continental and there was lots of cereals available.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anom2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I thought on first appearance it was a bit of a dump put I was wrong
It was very welcoming the room was very clean the shower was a little
small but done the job coffee on tap all the time but not in your room
breakfast was spot on time and very nice

The only negative
Please Please Please stop smoking in the conservator it stinks
Like an old ashtray and you have to walk through the room to
Get to the main door
PS
I had a nice meal at the Royal Oak just down the road and I was
Made very welcome at the Rugby Club for a game of pool

Would I stay there again Yes
Thank You.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank VRAGraham
Naples, Italy
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I spent several nights in this guest house. The room was clean, quite big. The service was excellent and the owner provided me with a delightful dinner two or three times. Very easy access to Gatwick airport, even at six in the morning

Room Tip: Have a look at the pond with the ducks and hens and ask for an omelette with their eggs! Ask the re...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kastiel2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Ok, I know you get what you pay for but guys, check your calendar it's December for goodness sake and you knew I was coming because you pestered me on the phone to find out what time I would turn up, so why was the room like walking into a fridge when I checked in at approx 5pm and then when it had just about warmed up at approx 11pm you turned the heating off so I had to get into a cold bed, not good. Breakfast was pretty good but by the time I had discovered it was mine on the table and had found out I had to do my own toast it was barely warm, tell us please, we are not mind readers, I don't have a problem doing my own toast but it is helpful to know.
Also a light on the driveway wouldn't go a miss, it was pitch black out there. All told it was a little disappointing, I certainly was not expecting the ritz but basic comfort even at these prices should be expected.
If you plan on staying here in the winter just ask them to put the heating on an hour before you arrive, it would make a huge difference, and while your at it take yourself a travel kettle if you plan on staying in your room as there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.
Look, all I was after was a clean warm room I could sit in and get on with some work, unfortunately this fell a little short of my expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mikeyd1961
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions over the past 8 years, and it provides a friendly, modest cost solution with easy access to Gatwick, low-cost on-site parking while one is away, and a 10-minute taxi ride to the terminals. The couple who run it are delightful and extremely helpful. When I returned to collect my car, the battery had run down, and they charged it up for me. This place is different, for sure, and is not for the perfectionist. It is good value, though, and I wouldn't consider any other place near Gatwick. The owner Gino is gradually sprucing up the driveway, and I encourage him to finish the job. The remaining bits of old car beside the drive may look artistic to some, but don't live up to the "Da Vinci" name.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor L
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have stayed here many times and we have always been extremely happy with the service and the quality of accommodation and food provided for us. Nice to see a pet friendly facility.

The staff and the owner have been extremely help full and very kind.

It is very close to shops and all other amenities.

We highly recommend Da Vinci Guest House.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie B
Napier, Hawke's Bay, New Zealand
Reviewed October 22, 2013

without being too disrespectful to the place, Crawley itself does not usually rank as one of the 'hot' U.K. holiday destination spots and i would imagine most people looking to stay here are either contract workers or those looking for somewhere to stay overnight before jetting off to sunnier climes. this review is therefore aimed toward those people. looking at other reviews here i see comments like 'the outside area was untidy with cars parked everywhere, boats, caravans etc..... so what? you have had a longish drive (i would imagine) to get here so why in heavens name would you care about the state of the car park?? some whiner on here complained that their booking wasnt confirmed but the hotel still managed to find them a room. booking mix-ups happen sometimes and i think it is a tribute to the guest house that they managed to find somewhere for these people to stay overnight. the room i stayed in was clean and comfortable. breakfast was well cooked, the people were great, other guests seemed happy and there is a great pub just a short walk away selling beautiful and cheap food. by the way the guest house is pet friendly. i stayed over with Jacky my Labrador puppy and we had the best time. in fact i am going back to stay there again. so to sum up, it really DOES have everything for everyone. good rooms, good people, good breakfast, good location and a slightly untidy carpark for those who can't sleep without having a moan over some meaningless trivia!

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the car park if you have a compulsion to find trivial fault with an otherw...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business