Ibis London Gatwick Airport
$84
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
2,280 results
All reviewsgatwick airportone nighttesco expressshuttle servicebus stopan early flightnext morningshower rooman overnight staypurple parkingcomfortable bedexcellent valueshort staywake up callreception stafftea and coffeegood nights sleep
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Modern hotel, could be considered by some to be rather stark but built for purpose. Easy transfer to and from Gatwick's North Terminal. Limited but decent food and excellent staff who could not do enough for us. The park and stay package was amazing value for money. Will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed at the Ibis gatwick hotel since we had an early flight from the North terminal the next morning. Our plan was to get dinner early and grab a couple of hours of sleep before our flight.

We checked into the hotel at 6pm after our arrival at the gatwick airport train station (we used the gatwick express from the Victoria station). The room was nice with a typical ibis layout of bed+bath. A minor issue was the natural soap dispenser running very low on liquid - need to struggle with the squeeze tube a bit [but not something that I would complain to reception about :) ].

A quick visit downstairs for dinner where we ordered a starter to share, 2 mains and some drinks. Food was quite nice but the service was rather appalling. The lady got us our starter but no plates to eat in (I guess I was expected to fork my way into it - feeding my partner in between bites..Lol).

With no room for desert it was time to get some sleep quick but the bill took 5 mins to arrive and a further 10 minutes just to bring a card machine. That's what ruined by experience of the restaurant. The lady (sounded east european) forgot about us - another colleague came 10 minutes later only to say that she was sorry that the lady forgot to clear our bill - How convenient! (don't let this ruin your experience though) - Overall I would still give this a rating of 3.5 but in the near future would prefer something on the lines of my previous wonderful experiences at the Premier Inn, Holiday Inn and the Hampton by Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear guest,

I passed on your comments regarding the service level at the Restaurant to my Food and Beverage Manager to invstigate and improve immediately as it does not reflects our normal high standards of customer service. We apologize again for the inconvenmiences caused.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great value and proximity to the airport, good modern rooms and the service in the bar downstairs was good with friendly, helpful staff. Would have been happy to stay longer in this room and would definitely go back. Great value for money which included a kettle and tv in the room and free wifi. Would probably eat elsewhere though.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wavingatclouds

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Rooms, service and food all good. Had stay & Park facility, Minibus took us to Terminal at 4.30 (£3-00 p.p.). However, on arrival back at midday, no apparent facility to pick us up so had to hire taxi at £13.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding the shuttle service during the day and can confirm that we offer local bus 100 for the same fare.I passed on your comments to the Third Party company for future improvement.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here the night before our flight from Gatwick and got a combined deal on parking with Airparks. Both are close to the airport. Check in and check out were both smooth. There is only a small bar and dining area but adequate for 1 night. Food was nice. Free wifi. The room was fine and had everything we needed. The bathroom is like a wet-room pod within the room and the shower was large and powerful.