“Really very good!”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Staying for 2 nights (2 separate stays) for work. Have stayed in ibis across Europe and find them very good. This hotel surpassed expectations on both stays; excellent friendly check-in, spotlessly clean and warm room, super comfy new beds and although not everyone's taste I like the bathroom 'pods'.
Free wifi is an excellent facility to offer and beats other premium chains who charge a rip-off amount to use it.
Had a most wonderful nights sleep and left feeling totally relaxed and refreshed. Didn't use restaurant; menu is a bit limited and offers nothing except a bowl of soup if you want a healthy option. However plenty of alternatives close by with a Tesco Express 2 mins walk away.
£5 to park car which annoys me but I got the hotel for a good price and guess they have to make money somewhere along the line.
Much prefer ibis to travelodge/premier inn. A good hotel and certainly would return.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ahj1970
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed one night for an early flight the next day. The hotel is very convenient to the airport. It was, as others have said, spotlessly clean. The room had everything we needed and more, As a light sleeper, I was concerned to note that we overlooked a busy road, but the double/triple glazing was very effective and there was no noise. The bar/restaurant area is quite canteen-like, so we didn't eat there. A very pleasant pub restaurant is just a short walk away. We got a cheap deal through one of the main websites, then found it would have been a few pounds cheaper had we booked direct. Amazing value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I got a cheap deal and expected a standard travelodge type place. I was surprised when I checked in as the bar area was so nice and the room didn't disappoint either. The room was modern, clean and warm. The bathroom newly decorated and the shower was powerful and really big. The bed was incredible and I had a great night's sleep. Great stay, will definitely use again!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Really great service and nice rooms! The New staff trainee guy in reception was very helpful. I recommend this hotel. It also has a Airport transfer bus almost 24h.. Only 3 pounds to go with it..............

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here before an early flight from Gatwick - It is not quite as close and convenient as the website makes out - But with the inclusive parking deal it was a good choice in terms of value for money.

Room clean and comfortable.

Why as a loyalty member of this chain do I have to fill out a long paper form on arrival - with all the information included on my on-line booking and also available on my loyalty membership.

Beware - If you get back during the day the shuttle does not operate and you have to take the local bus No 100 (It is cheaper than the shuttle bus anyway).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Albia-Newton

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

I passed on your comments to the relevant department for future improvement.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank David M

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Comfortable, quiet, clean and reliable. We had the breakfast before getting on the shuttle to get to the airport. All as it should be.

A bit of a shame there's no shuttle from the Airport (or if there is, it's certainly not easy to spot how to book/where to book from).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear guest,

We do offer as huttle service where you can find the information of timetables at the Airport following the signs for buses/coaches station,our shuttle is stopping at bus stop no 9 from both terminals.You can also find more information on our website or at the Hotel.