“Basic, but perfect for a short stay”

Ibis London Gatwick Airport
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Oslo, Norway
“Basic, but perfect for a short stay”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I stayed one night at Ibis Gatwick, and was very pleased with the experience. If you have stayed at one Ibis hotel, you have stayed at them all… The rooms are all the same; basic, clean and with no extra fuss. But do you really need anything more from an airport hotel? The bed was comfortable, everything worked fine and you could not hear much from the airport even if you opened your window. If you are a visitor to the UK, the receptionist will lend you an adapter for charging electronic devices.

The price I paid was unbeatable at £22, not including breakfast. The breakfast was very basic from what I could see (and it is right in the reception area), and not worth the price. There is a small (but adequate) Tesco two minutes’ walk from the hotel. When you walk out from the main entrance, turn left and walk up to the traffic lights. Cross the street and walk down the stairs – and you are there =) If you are coming from the airport I found it easier to buy some snacks and sandwiches from the Marks&Spencers at the airport.

It is possible to take a shuttle bus to and from the airport, for £3 each way. It runs frequently from the hotel transfer bus terminal, and is easy to locate. The trip takes about 10 minutes, maybe 15 if a lot of people are getting off at different hotels. Remember to sign up for the shuttle when you are checking in at the hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers needing to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank TheSuitcase
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at ibis London Gatwick Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I took note on your comments our breakfast and passed it on to my Food and Beverage Manager for future improvement.

Emmanuelle Jugon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed November 14, 2013

10 minutes bus ride from the airport. Rooms are small but cozy. View from my window was really nice. Lots of trees and a meadow, with a plane landed off the distance every 5 minutes. Some shopping walking distance and restaurants available with a short cab ride. The hotel has a small cafe if you don't want to go out as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

hampshire
Reviewed November 13, 2013

very basic and unwelcoming but it was cheap so i guess it was about right for a solo before an early morning flight out next day,
wi-fi was an added bonus though
room was ok, public areas poor
there are better hotels for a few pounds more

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the ibis London Gatwick Airport, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence.

We apologize again for the experience encountered and can assure you that it does not reflect the normal high standards of service we provide.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the ibis London Gatwick Airport and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Irish
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and despite it being very functional and clean, the rooms are not very sound proof and as a result a good nights sleep was impossible!! However as an airport hotel it does what it says on the can!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
ibis1889, General Manager at Ibis London Gatwick Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear guest,

I took note on your comments regarding the sound proofing of our rooms and passed it on to the relevant department for future improvement.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few hours between flights and I only have good things to say about this place. I arrived very late and the receptionist was extremely helpful, check in process was quick and the room was more than adequate as well as clean. I had some problems with my airline and the receptionist was kind enough to look on the web to obtain a contact number for me. The airport shuttle they run was very reasonably priced and runs like clock work. Absolutely will stay here again for another Gatwick stop over!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo