I stayed one night at Ibis Gatwick, and was very pleased with the experience. If you have stayed at one Ibis hotel, you have stayed at them all… The rooms are all the same; basic, clean and with no extra fuss. But do you really need anything more from an airport hotel? The bed was comfortable, everything worked fine and you could not hear much from the airport even if you opened your window. If you are a visitor to the UK, the receptionist will lend you an adapter for charging electronic devices.
The price I paid was unbeatable at £22, not including breakfast. The breakfast was very basic from what I could see (and it is right in the reception area), and not worth the price. There is a small (but adequate) Tesco two minutes’ walk from the hotel. When you walk out from the main entrance, turn left and walk up to the traffic lights. Cross the street and walk down the stairs – and you are there =) If you are coming from the airport I found it easier to buy some snacks and sandwiches from the Marks&Spencers at the airport.
It is possible to take a shuttle bus to and from the airport, for £3 each way. It runs frequently from the hotel transfer bus terminal, and is easy to locate. The trip takes about 10 minutes, maybe 15 if a lot of people are getting off at different hotels. Remember to sign up for the shuttle when you are checking in at the hotel.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers needing to stay close to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport is ideally located less than 5 min from all terminals (private shuttle from 5 a.m. to 11.30 p.m. on request), M23 (Jct 10), links to M25, A23 and A217, walking distance from the Manor Royal industrial estate (training centre,Oxford Aviation Academy, Virgin Atlantic base), 30 min by train from London (Gatwick Express), and 45 min from St Pancras international station. All rooms offer ensuite with shower, high speed internet, airport parking (long and short term). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis London Gatwick Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Gatwick Airport Hotel Crawley
- Ibis Hotel Crawley
- Accor London Gatwick Airport