“Very pleasant stay”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
London, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Me an my husband stayed for the weekend. Very clean hotel room was pleasant nice bathroom. Staff were helpful a wide selection of places to eat within walking distance as well as a shopping centre plus supermarket. We drove out to crawley leisure park which was about 10 minutes drive. There is an I max cinema as well as various amount off restaurants. The hotel gym is well equipped an sauna/steam room was clean. Staff very helpful and friendly. breakfast was nice.

2 Thank lavy186338
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley.
We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you are pleased with our facilities and service.
Thank you again for your review and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,
Bruno Delrieux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
North West
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We decided to stay there last minute for the bank holiday weekend to visit Brighton which was 20 miles away as the prices there for the particular dates for anything that was still available were unreasonable. Overall a great choice, an absolute bargain that offers very decent accommodation and services!

1 Thank Travel-Lover2004
Dear Guest,

We thank you for posting your feedback about your experience at the Arora Gatwick Crawley Hotel.
Indeed our central location is extremely popular with our guests in terms of ease of access via travel links, as well as guests being able to get out and about on foot to explore all what Crawley has to offer.
On a future visit to Crawley, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night as a couple going to a party nearby. More people travelling to our party stayed here also all I can say is this is a lovely hotel, room was spotless staff so helpful and friendly and the beds so comfortably did not want to get up as from other reviews bar is expensive but you are staying in a hotel so expect that just look at the setting you are sitting in to enjoy that drink all worth it . I would love to stay in this hotel again would highly recommend it .

Room Tip: As the first time i stayed there cannot comment on a good room but all our party had good rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kathyhughes4
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley.
We are delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us and found our staff to be helpful. We would like to thank you for your recommendation too and hope it won't be too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Had a very comfy night stay. Beautiful room. Excellent bathroom and great facilities. Only bad point, was very noisy early morning! Not enough spaces in car park for guests. Also is £10 per night!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for superior room!!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank MichaelB9
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Drinks and meals could be cheaper and breakfast could be hotter as it cold not nice as you payed for hot food its nice hotel but to pay for blue badges is not right at hotel and we went to use gate at hotel and could not as there no ramp so we had walk all the way round

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.
Disappointing to read that you didn’t had good experience during your stay. We would like to confirm that our Restaurant charges are in line with our competitors and parking is payable at £10 per nights as advertised on our website and also displayed in our car park.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel.

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I ended up staying here after the B&B I booked in the area turned out to be...not as advertised. This place, luckily for me, had rooms left at a very attractive price. I booked in Crawley for my last 2 nights to be close to Gatwick.

The hotel is pretty nice and modern, kind of standard for a business-y, airport hotel (at least where I come from). It is literally right behind the train station--you can walk right off the platform and swipe your key into the gate of the hotel, which is so convenient and almost worth staying here just for that. It's also a short trip to Gatwick and they offer a shuttle for £3.50. I ate at their main restaurant which is good but very expensive, they have some cheaper options on site as well.

In the middle of a fantastic solo trip to London (my first time traveling alone), I had had one horrible day where some inconveniences with the places I booked to stay resulted in a completely wasted day where I didn't get to enjoy anything in London. I had just come from the B&B that I had looked forward to staying in for months, and had found that it was a total dump that I didn't want to be near, let alone sleep in. So, very embarrassingly for me, I was in tears and felt utterly defeated by the time I checked in.

I really, really wish I had gotten the name of the gentleman who checked me in because he was so kind to me. Nobody likes to be the weeping woman in a room full of strangers but he made me feel better. Throughout my stay, if he saw me, he would ask how I was. He also helped me figure out transportation to and from London.

I was very satisfied with my stay, especially since it only cost me $94CAD/night.

Two small complaints. One, the Wi-Fi situation. They have free Wi-Fi, but you have the option of paying for high-speed. I found that the free Wi-Fi was maddeningly slow and ended up paying for the high-speed. If you can't actually do anything on the free Wi-Fi they may as well just say it's not free (and it's rather expensive, too). Two, where I come from it's basically a given that a hotel, especially one the size of this one, would have a cash machine. Not only does this one not have one, but the closest one is a 10 minute walk away.

Overall I was happy, though.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and like the facilities the hotel has to offer.
It is always a pleasure for the team here to have their consistent hard work recognised by our valued guests and we will be sure to share this with the team.
Many thanks once again and I hope that it won't be too long before you are able to return and stay with us again.

Weymouth
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We booked one night in a family room prior to an early Transatlantic holiday flight the next morning. This also included 14 nights secure parking at the hotel, during our holiday. Check in was swift and easy, with a full explanation of the airport shuttle bus service, should we require it. We chose this option, as they offered door-to-door service, rather than take the (conveniently located) train to Gatwick South, then mono rail to North.

The room was spotless and comfortable, all we needed. We were able to walk into Crawley, and dined at a local TGI Friday for our evening meal. We were taken to the airport at the arranged time in morning, with clear instructions on how to contact them for a pick up, after the return flight. Drivers were friendly and courteous. We were literally able to get straight in the mini bus after our inbound flight, which landed at 6.10am! So easy! The driver then took us straight to our car, and handed us the exit ticket for the car park. After a long, 9hr journey, this was so much appreciated.

The whole experience worked like clockwork, and made traveling so much easier. We would not hesitate to use this hotel and service again, should we need to. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Sez809
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had a good stay at the Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley and that you found our staff to be helpful. We are glad to read that the whole experience worked like clockwork and made everything easy for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, prior to your next flight.