“Brilliant”

Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Easy to find and a great location for an overnight stay close to Gatwick. We have used Hotel & Pasrking for our holidays on many occasions but this place is the best yet. It is obvioulsy a very popular place with flight crew from various airlines and they know a good place to stay and this is one of them.

The hotel has two tower blocks and we stayed in the 'west ' tower. The room was well decorated and excellent facilities including 'Free Wi-Fi. The hotel has two eating areas from the in house 'Bar' or 'Restaurant' We had our evening meal in the 'Bar' the food was served quickly and it was excellent value.

A special mention must go the the staff and especially at reception who handled all our queries and request with a smile and in the most courteous way.

With all the facilities you need, good food and great staff I know where I would tell anyone to stay when in this area.

Room Tip: West Tower is closest to the hotel facilities.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments; I am delighted that you found your stay with us to be ‘the best yet’. The hotel staff pride themselves on providing a helpful and friendly service. I am very pleased that you will be recommending Arora Gatwick/Crawley as hotel of choice.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bruno Delrieux

There are newer reviews for Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here for three nights as part of an event.

The rooms was a really good size with an excellent bathroom and the hotel itself is very new and spaciius with some nice bar areas. Breakfast was decent and the food we had tin the evening.

My one grip is the air con unit in my room was really noisey and constantly making a loud noise even though it was not on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the facilities excellent, also that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

I am sorry to learn of the issues you had regarding your air conditioning, I can assure you this has been addressed with our Maintenance team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We booked this hotel for a one night stay before travelling on holiday. The deal included a parking and meet and greet service which was superb and worked extremely well for us and one that I would thoroughly recommend. The hotel is modern, has good facilities and provides everything you would want for a stopover. The reception staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The big downside came when our evening meal of basic fish and chips arrived, a meal that should be pretty basic but was inedible, cold chips and burnt batter with no fish inside. These meals should have been checked and never sent out. We were offered a coffee instead !!! After speaking to the manager via a few quite unhelpful staff the meals were refunded but it was now way to start our holiday as by this time it was too late to go looking for alternate places to eat. Would I stay again ? yes for the facilities and parking but would eat before I arrived.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Firstly may I say thank you for sharing your experience of the Arora Gatwick/Crawley Hotel following your stay with us. I was delighted to hear that the parking meet and greet service is something you would recommend.

Please be encouraged to know that your feedback is most welcome and is very valuable in enabling us to continually improve our standards and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is in a great location for transport to and from the airport. The entire place is spotless, one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in. BUT the staff are the grumpiest and most unpleasant I have ever encountered. None of them should be in the hospitality sector if the do not wish to be accommodating or friendly to guests. I did not see one smiling face the whole time I was there which made it quite an unwelcoming atmosphere. The other problem I had was with the bar which serves food. We ordered 4 basic meals (from a basic but varied menu). It took over an hour for our food to arrive after we had ordered it and when we asked about it we got very little response and no apology. We had already finished off our £26 bottle of horrible pinot grigio. All in all the hotel did the job, but I will most definitely not be returning.

Room Tip: Ensure your room is not near the train track
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Your comments are a disappointment to me and I will be sharing them with my Management Team for investigation, I am sorry that your stay with us was not a comfortable one.

Thank you for your feedback as this enables us to continually review our service delivery and standards and make changes wherever possible.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to live up to your expectations in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights over easter whilst visiting the grandkids. Rooms are very comfortable and have everything you need. The lobby area is lovely and we couldn't fault the breakfast buffet, lots of variety. We had room service the 1st evening as I had been ill and didn't feel up to going to the restaurant which was a shame, but the food arrived promptly and tasted good. I would be happy to stay here again. Hopefully I won't be ill if I return for another stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A good comfortable room, very good price when booked for the meet and greet parking. Food in restaurant is good if a little over priced.
Meet and greet service is excellent - once you have collected your luggage you call the number on the card given at reception and by the time you have walked out to the car pick up point your car is delivered within minutes - just what you need when dressed in shorts and flip flops and it's -5!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for posting your comments relating to your most recent stay at the hotel.

We are delighted that the Meet and Greet package booked was satisfactory and we will pass on your comments to our operator. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

On a future visit to Crawley, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Bruno

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently booked this hotel as a means to parking the car whilst we went on holiday.
Strengths: secure car park which is under cover. Friendly staff. Good sized, comfortable room. Nice bathroom with separate shower.

Areas for development: next time we will ask for a room that is not facing the railway line.

Apart from the above we will definitely be staying here again. Next time though we will drive to the hotel entrance before entering the car park. Be warned there is no lift in the car park and therefore it was difficult to get four suitcases to the hotel lobby. Should have read the previous reviews.

Due to the early departure of our flight we got a taxi to the airport. £10 and ten minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the railway line.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruno D, General Manager at Arora Hotel Gatwick / Crawley, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I am delighted that you found our accommodation and hospitality to your satisfaction. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and will serve as an encouragement to all of our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Bruno